android
Old 08-21-2013, 04:06 AM

note 2 seems a good choice for me

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, I am in the process of selling my SGP 5.0 (as soon as the guy comes up with the cash). I flashed the Erygit v3.5 ROM onto it again, (more to make sure all my personal data was removed than for any other reason) but I simply wasn't using it anymore, with the advent of my getting my new phone which is light-years more powerful, faster, etc.

So moving forward I am left with my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, currently running ICS 4.04, and the new phone, LG Optimus G Pro, running Jellybean 4.1.2.

Frankly, the phone even makes the tablet look slow....lol.
1.7GHz quad-core vs. 1.2 GHz dual-core
2GB RAM vs. 1GB RAM
1,920x1,080 HD 5.5" screen vs. 1,024x600 7" screen
32GB onboard plus microsd slot vs. 16GB onboard plus microsd slot

But I am keeping the tablet around....it's a great alarm clock, podcast catcher/player, and the screen's larger size/lower resolution means I can watch videos on it lying in bed with my glasses off. And that big battery still lasts an awfully long time as well.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:28 AM

I find I'm not using my Xperia Z since I got my Xperia SP...just occasionally to watch movies on, but never as a phone.

But I'm going to keep it around - even though I have the back plate coming unglued issue - as it has higher specs and should be good for Android 5.

The new Nexus 7 I'm not going to bother with as it's specs aren't any better than the Z, just a bigger screen.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Well, I am in the process of selling my SGP 5.0 (as soon as the guy comes up with the cash). I flashed the Erygit v3.5 ROM onto it again, (more to make sure all my personal data was removed than for any other reason) but I simply wasn't using it anymore, with the advent of my getting my new phone which is light-years more powerful, faster, etc.

So moving forward I am left with my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, currently running ICS 4.04, and the new phone, LG Optimus G Pro, running Jellybean 4.1.2.

Frankly, the phone even makes the tablet look slow....lol.
1.7GHz quad-core vs. 1.2 GHz dual-core
2GB RAM vs. 1GB RAM
1,920x1,080 HD 5.5" screen vs. 1,024x600 7" screen
32GB onboard plus microsd slot vs. 16GB onboard plus microsd slot

But I am keeping the tablet around....it's a great alarm clock, podcast catcher/player, and the screen's larger size/lower resolution means I can watch videos on it lying in bed with my glasses off. And that big battery still lasts an awfully long time as well.
So the guy I sold the SGP 5.0 to thinks it is the best thing ever....he listens to music all the time and says he only charges it twice a week. Of course I warned him that keeping the screen off (along with wifi and bluetooth) was a big part of that, and he heeded my warning.

So in the end, I'm glad the player got a good home.

Tags
discontinued, galaxy player, replacement