Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon X7

Old 05-13-2015, 04:26 AM
Default PC and Media Monkey says files are there: X7 thinks otherwise

Hi - I had my X7 plugged into my PC at the same time I plugged in a USB stick that apparently had a virus on it. As I dealt with that, my Avast virus checker started yelling, "Threat detected! Threat detected!" and whisking away files from my X7 to its virus chest. I immediately (rather hastily) unplugged it, but when I turned it on, while the framework of it was there and while it admitted that the disc space had 88 GB of music on the HDD, it displayed nothing but empty files under "Artist" and "Songs", etc. The Flash drive is similarly coming up with a bunch of empty files.

I plugged it back into the machine after making sure I'd cleared everything up there, and the PC displays all the files, both in the Flash and HDD. I ran Media Monkey, and it also can see all the files. The X7 itself, however, refuses to see or play any files whatsoever. I'm baffled....can anyone help?

Thanking you in advance.

Adam K7

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2015, 12:11 PM

you have a back up of your files, and format the COWON X7 from scratch, probably the virus still persists, reminds one antivirus is not capable of detecting all existing