android
Old 02-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
Yeh i can't test TDS comment with my C2 player as my super fi 5's are now dead, but i've learned occasionally that TDS is right about a few things. I'd trust him on this one :P
Keep it up,...some of ya are starting to irk me,...

You know what, I don't know WTF I'm talking about,...ignore me. I'm outta here,...and I don't just mean this thread.

Peace!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-28-2013, 02:25 AM

Okay. We have established that the in-line control remote does not work with any Cowon player.

But the thing is, I can only hear the audio partly. As to BruceBanner's tips, if you pressed the inline remote, it will work just fine.

So is the 'broken' audio issue the same for every other Cowon player too (even the new ones) or is it just iAudio 9?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
The inline controls will not work on ANY Cowon. It's been tested by others on differing sites,...this includes the Androd players.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Come back TDS!! I didn't mean it!!

Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, my battery meter finally does not register as being full....lol.

Granted, I may not use the player as much as someone with only one or two players would if it was theirs, but I have been using the sleep mode in between listening sessions. I can't really guess how much time I've used it since I got it, but I am pretty sure any other player that I have had would have needed a charge by now.

I am going to let it run down to almost dead before I recharge it, but I don't know yet when that will be.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I didn't realise the X9 had such great battery life, i thought the X7 did.
I find with my C2 if i leave the screen on accidentally it chews up battery life like you wouldn't believe! I wonder, 55hrs = screen off, 4hrs = screen on (perhaps or summin like that).

Old 03-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I didn't realise the X9 had such great battery life, i thought the X7 did.
I find with my C2 if i leave the screen on accidentally it chews up battery life like you wouldn't believe! I wonder, 55hrs = screen off, 4hrs = screen on (perhaps or summin like that).
X9 is theoretically a little better than X7 , basically because of flash memory vs. hard drive. I have the screen set to go off after 1 minute...lol.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh i of course thought u would. I recall some chap being dissapointed in the i9 lasting only 4hrs at work because he had screen on all the time, he thought he would get more still (but of course not the full 20+hrs quoted). I wonder with the x9 and x7 beasts what battery life you'd get with screen on all the time...

Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yeh i of course thought u would. I recall some chap being dissapointed in the i9 lasting only 4hrs at work because he had screen on all the time, he thought he would get more still (but of course not the full 20+hrs quoted). I wonder with the x9 and x7 beasts what battery life you'd get with screen on all the time...
Good question! I'll never find out though...lol.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:27 AM

for the love of God someone help me. have an s9, upgraded to x9. the sound is both softer and not nearly as good with the same user defined settings as I set for s9. I have Windows 7 64 bit. no remove hardware option available to disconnect x9. I just remove the cable. volume on 35 is much louder than volume 40 on x9. I also connect via mtp. running 2.02 fw which was factory installed. is there a way to factory restore the device rather than hard reset? thanks in advance

Old 05-04-2013, 12:39 AM

Connect in MSC mode and delete the PARAM.CFG file from the System folder. When you reboot pick Non-European union during the setup. That should restore full volume.

problem solved! a user on another forum provided this answer and now the x9 is totally worth the money I spent ! thanks user skip252!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 AM

I know that this is a very old thread, but can't you use a headphone extension cable to get past the problem with headphone that have an in-line control remote, maybe try this: http://www.amazon.com/Female-Stereo-...931045&sr=1-25

I just ordered an X9 yesterday and have an extension cable to try out with my Sony XBA-3IP and Etymotic HF-3 when the Cowon is delivered to my house.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Lemme know how that goes. I had a pair of Super fi 5's that suffered this issue, I learned tho if I used a small piece of tape and stuck the line-in button permanently down (ie on) the problem was solved. Probably cheaper and less messy than what yer about to try, but i'd like to know if it worked for you.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Lemme know how that goes. I had a pair of Super fi 5's that suffered this issue, I learned tho if I used a small piece of tape and stuck the line-in button permanently down (ie on) the problem was solved. Probably cheaper and less messy than what yer about to try, but i'd like to know if it worked for you.

I just got it this afternoon, will try it out tonight and will post the result.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
I just got it this afternoon, will try it out tonight and will post the result.
It worked great, the part I used was only $1.99 by the way, a better solution than using tape I believe:

This is something like what I have:

http://www.amazon.com/inch-Stereo-Fe...hone+extension

Old 05-31-2013, 05:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice to know. My tape was free, the piece I used would barely be even 1 cents worth :P

Old 05-31-2013, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Nice to know. My tape was free, the piece I used would barely be even 1 cents worth :P
I have a question for you about using the player. I found how to shuffle, but it seems to only let me do it for one album, is there a way to have it shuffle through all the songs\albums?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red71rum View Post
I have a question for you about using the player. I found how to shuffle, but it seems to only let me do it for one album, is there a way to have it shuffle through all the songs\albums?

I found my answer here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=68367

Old 06-01-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
I found that all my headphones with mic, do not even need the extension work around that I mentioned above, they work as is. Why do you have to tape your headphones, what model are they? My Etymotic HF3 and Sony XBA3IP work fine with the X9.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Mines was (no longer have) Ultimate Ears Superfi 5 Pro, this exact version I believe. When stuck into the i9 player sound was muddled and definately lacking volume in one channel. It's so noticeable you immediately think they're broken.
I noticed if i pushed and held down the mic button the sound came back properly (like it completed the circuit fully). My solution then was to tear a small piece of duct tape and stick it around the button to keep the mic fully pressed down at all times, voila problem solved!