Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member
Default Quick X9 thoughts.....

It takes forever to fill that internal memory, holy crap. The internal reader is slow as hell.

As usual for Cowon, the manual is useless, and it takes a couple days to get used to how to do stuff.

Now that I have custom settings saved for a couple headphones, I am listening a lot....good sound, and plenty of power. Even with the HFI-780's I can't go over 25/40 unless it is a really old album. (No MP3Gain used here since I don't shuffle with this player)

Now that my presets are saved and the thing is mostly full, I'm going to charge it all the way, and then mark the date, and see how long before I have to charge

Don't bother asking about video capability or any of the other stuff....I am only using this player for music, nothing else.

The resistive screen isn't that bad. Occasionally it will make a sound but not register the input from a fingertip(like if you are close to the edge), but if you then use the fingernail it will register.

As I've said before, the various sound tweaks can work wonders, if you are's easy to end up with a wildly artificial sound though. Without anything enabled, though, it doesn't stand out in any way at to get your money's worth, you have to take the time to tinker with the DSP effects.
As is always the case, most of the presets aren't worth your time...set up a custom setting to truly appreciate what a Cowon is capable of delivering.
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB. Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900 and Lumia 520

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]