android
Old 11-17-2011, 08:44 AM

Help Zune 80 Problem, Should I Reformat?

Hey, I have an 80 gig zune. Started showing a battery symbol with a bolt in the middle,then would fade to a drained battery symbolo with a slim line of red at the bottom. So I had the battery changed. Everything works fine, plays,charges with usb,zune dock and zune kicker stereo. When I plugged into my computer with usb I get the "usb device not recognized, one of the usb devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned message".... I've tried different usb ports, 3 different computers,2 sync cables, restart zune, update microsoft service pack for windows and nothing.. The only thing I didnt try yet is the reformat to bring it back to its original state. I am leary of doing this, although my music is backed up ,I now have my zune that plays and charges with about 6000 songs on it. If I reformat and that doesnt fix the problem then I have a zune with nothing on it... Any suggestions?
Thanks
Pa

Last edited by skip252; 11-17-2011 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Thread moved to the right subforum and renamed. Please use descriptive titles in the future

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I would try it. But it's really personal, if you want to risk it or not. I don't think it's much of a risk, though.