android
Old 09-09-2011, 08:37 PM

Thumb Up Any Zune120 happy survivors around?

After reading some post and several pages of tittles in this subforums I feel like the only person with a working zune

Ive had it for over 3 years and it works just great.

Battery life dropped to 8 or 7 hours, Ive got a spare battery but I dont want to change it just yet. everything else works just great, like it did the first day.

I prefer it over my iPoo 120gb 6gen in all but one aspect, LOD.

and here some picts to prove its awesomeness:

Pict 1 - Pict 2 - Pict 3 - Pict 4 - Pict 5 - Pict 6

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 PM

Ha, you don't troll enough I am proud and happy Owner of a Zune 80gb modified to have a 120gb HD. I hate the black gloss shell and much prefer the black matte. This is my second Z80/120, as my first one was stolen! Should I ever find out who this person is . . . let's just say they'll regret it. I also don't like Ipoos; they are so granny cookie cutter and the UI and wheelie are horrid! I would never buy one. If I was given one, I'd load RB on it and if I couldn't do that I'd sell it. The only exception might be the new nano, which I would use as a watch.

I took a look at the pics and noticed the add on you have. Would that be a mini-amp? To me the sound on the Z80 is good enough, plus I am not much into chunkiness as I prefer sleek, ergonomic and compact. I have my fair share of add-on accessories.

CASES:
I have a clear hard case not sure by who, (2) soft leather tri-fold stands by Incipio, a hard aluminum shell w/belt clip also by Incipio and a rubber slip condom by unknown. These days, I just use the rubber slip.

DOCKS:
I have (3) AV docks; one version 1 for backup and two version 2s one for work and one for home. I also have the iHome ZN9 dock/speaker/alarm clock. I highly recommend it. I also have all the remotes that come with the docks, which is real nice.

Software and support is not as great as I would like. The software has still yet to be cracked, though I still have hope someday it hopefully could be.

In any event to respond to your statement on working Zunes and somewhat happy Owners, there are a few out there just not too many.
With knowledge, comes great power.
With power, comes great responsibility.
With responsibility, comes great wisdom.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:13 PM

Great another one!

dont go for the headphone amplifier if you like sleek and light portable equipment. but if you get hard to drive headphones you might need some nice amplifier. the mini3 is a great DIY one.

Dont get me started with accessories...

4 cases, the incipo leather one my favorite.
2 docks, the remotes are great indeed!
2 zune8 and some cases ( does this count as accessory)
1 spliter from the dock to 2 headphones jacks, i dont use thos though.
and 2 wall chargers

is so easy to get filled with accessories is almost addictive.

and +1 for the software, wish Rockbox did something for the Zune

Old 09-18-2011, 06:35 PM

I love my Zune for the most part, but I hate the software. It syncs when I tell it not to, and has trouble with tags and ends up creating several folders for the same artist. :\

Old 09-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
I love my Zune for the most part, but I hate the software. It syncs when I tell it not to, and has trouble with tags and ends up creating several folders for the same artist. :\
Huh? If you have it set to "Manual" or "Items I Choose," it will only sync what you tell it to... and creating folders? Zune doesn't do that, it just adds tags if they're missing and whatnot. Actually, to be honest, the software is one of my favorite parts of the Zune. It doesn't have any of the advanced functionality, unfortunately, but it's very easy to use and the fact that it does tags so well (IME) is great for keeping my music organized.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Zune ftw I just hate the software.

Old 09-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Huh? If you have it set to "Manual" or "Items I Choose," it will only sync what you tell it to... and creating folders? Zune doesn't do that, it just adds tags if they're missing and whatnot. Actually, to be honest, the software is one of my favorite parts of the Zune. It doesn't have any of the advanced functionality, unfortunately, but it's very easy to use and the fact that it does tags so well (IME) is great for keeping my music organized.
I have a whole separate library for my Zune software. Same for iTunes....I don't trust either of them with my main library....lol

I learned something new the other day.....the Zune software and player don't support ID3v2.4 tags. I was trying to solve the mystery of the "unknown artist" files, and that was the culprit. MP3Tag to the rescue, and now there are no more unknown artists.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Zune 80 here but it has a cracked screen and the battery life sucks now. I switched over to iOS a year ago (and no turning back!) so I'll just use it as a backup player.

I love the Zune software but can't stand how it freezes every time I do a search or use the Marketplace. It'd be nice if it had more advanced features like iTunes does.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Mine does all of those things I outlined. I don't have 'unknown' folders in my music library and I certainly don't create multiple folders for the same artist. I have a Toshiba Gigabeat S60 and it will upload things one way, Zune will do it completely differently, even though they're all tagged the same. I love the player but the software is frustrating.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:06 AM

Picked up a nearly flawless, working Zune 120GB a couple a days ago for cheap. So far, so good. Track access seems to be a bit faster than an iPod, the screen is quite nice for a player from that time and the radio is great. Glossy black front and matte black back casing.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:37 AM

I still use both my 80gb and HD 32gb.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:36 AM

Oddly enough, the next day I picked up a Zune HD 32G that had always been in a silicone case. Beautiful, not a scratch.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:55 AM

i just bought a zune 80gb and as i wrote in a new thread i made it is awesome!! much better sounding from newer players with great menu... only bug is the necessary zune software but it isnt that bad...

Tags
zune, zune120