android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion

Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM

Help Looking for a GOOD Mp3 Player for listening to Trance and Dubstep Songs

Hello everyone. I figure this forum would have the best answers to my questions. I'm looking to buy a new MP3 Player as I am tired of using my Mytouch 4G as a Mp3 player. I'm into Trance and Dubstep and I would like to know what's good in selections on a GOOD Mp3 player that has great sound quality and great bass? I'm told Cowons are good and Also Sonys are good.

Though I truly would like a MP3 player that would bring out the beats that would make your head bop to. I know headphones will also help. I'm looking for something with features but easy to use also. A equalizer and sound engine is good also. I'm trying to narrow down my choices with the help of you guys. Any suggestions? Thanks.

LegendaryGamer

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 AM

You'll have to tell us first what you don't like about the iPod touch. Actually surpassing its output quality will be your first problem. Your second will be deciding where you want to sacrifice.

The age-old good choice is the Sansa Clip. You can rockbox it for great EQ and gapless playback, and its output is overall very good (some leanness in the stereo image, which is more compressed than the iPod touch). Apart from that, you will be hard pressed to get a good system. Even the Clip has more background noise than it should.

Sony's have more and simply don't have good outputs in comparison to the clip or the iPod to sustain heavy loads from dub step and trance with earphones in. Cowons are getting better. They used to have pretty poor outputs, but now have outputs as good as the Sony machines do. Their EQ system is quite decent as well.

Or, if you just want to spend a few bucks, get eQU for your iPod touch and enjoy a pretty good parametric equaliser. Better yet, Equaliser. Both can be had for 4-5$. And, with EQ heavily engaged, you'll be able to get the iPod touch's output to engage 2nd and 3rd order distortion to sound more like a Sony MP3 player.

Tags
bass, equalizer, features, mp3 players, sound quality