android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Default Choosing a new MP3 player

Hello all,

I have owned a Creative Zen Vision M for a very long time. Sadly the battery doesn't hold its charge as well as it used to, the screen/graphics chip is damaged so my screen looks horrible and it just doesn't have the capacity I need. So I am in the market for a new mp3 player.

I am new to this forum, but from my "lurking" it appears that the community is very knowledgeable and friendly. For the past 6 months of so I have been trying to find a "good/decent" non apple mp3 player/pmp to no avail.

Thus I have registered here, read the "read this before you make a new recommendation topic" and other prereqs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Capacity: At least 60-80 GB. Preferably non-hard drive based, but if the specs/price is right HDD based systems are fine.
  • Budget: $100-250.
  • Use: Home/Office/Hiking.
  • Type/Design: DAP and or PMP.
  • Features: All it needs to do is play my music (mp4, mp3, flac). Some ability to do video/apps would be nice, but isn't a requirement. Any other "additional" features are just a plus.
  • Display: Display is preferable. At least 2.5 inches?
  • UI/Controls: Tactile/buttons or a combo of both is fine.
  • Battery life: At least 5-10 hours of continuous play. Longer is better though.

*** NOTE: I own the following headphones, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, Audio Technica ATH-M50, and am planning on trying to find some really good bass producing IEMS. I do not have an AMP/DAC at the moment, so a player that can push my headphones properly would be great. If not, a suggested AMP/DAC is fine too. ***

Thank you all for your time and consideration,
    - Delta9

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]