android
Old 02-05-2013, 07:48 AM

Help 100gb of music in... which mp3 player ???

Hello,

I write here because I need your help for a new mp3 player

Until now, I had a 64GB Ipod Touch. Today I want to change to have another brand, and more place.
In fact, I have 100GB of music of my computer and I would like to have all on the mp3... I don't want an hard disk drive like the cowon x7 because I'm too afraid to break it...

I was looking for mp3 players with (micro)sdxc slot, but it still doesn't exist ?

Excuse me for my english by the way

Thanks !

Last edited by Habhome; 02-05-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: fixed title

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM

A 32GB device such as a Cowon J3/Z2/X9 or some Samsung models (help me out here, Samsung folks) plus a 64GB micro SD card would get you pretty close...
Honestly I'd probably go with a 160GB ipod classic if you're not worried about the lack of a plethora of EQ options.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Yes, I was really interested in the Cowon J3, because all my files are mp3 320kbps or flac and I wanted a great sound quality.
I'm worried about the hard drive in the classic. I think that it will be broken very fast ^^
If nothing exists today, maybe in 6 monts Cowon or someone else will have done a uSDXC slot.

Thanks for the answer

Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarde View Post
Yes, I was really interested in the Cowon J3, because all my files are mp3 320kbps or flac and I wanted a great sound quality.
I'm worried about the hard drive in the classic. I think that it will be broken very fast ^^
If nothing exists today, maybe in 6 monts Cowon or someone else will have done a uSDXC slot.

Thanks for the answer
I am a HUGE fan of the J3, but I have to say that in my experience the ipod classic has a better build quality than my J3 (I've owned both). I really don't think you would need to worry about that, especially if you buy new you would have a decent warranty.
I used an ipod classic (6th generation, 80 GB) from November 2007 through Fall 2012, extremely heavy use, used while doing hot outdoor activities (lawn mowing, etc.) and never had any trouble with it that couldn't be fixed by resetting it. I will say that I never dropped it, or abused besides probably letting it get too hot while working outside. It was still going strong when I sold it on ebay last year.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've had my iPod classic (traded back & forth between myself and a good friend) for over a year, close to 2 years I think. There's nothing wrong with getting it, it sounds excellent. And you can Rockbox it via freemyipod.org.

Tags
mp3 player, sdxc