android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Miscellaneous Tech > Anythingbutipad

Old 03-23-2013, 10:12 PM

Default besides tethering can i hook up a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 to my computer?

can i download apps to my computer without having to download anything?

can i put the apps on my s2 or samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0?

does it come with a usb cord to hook it up to my computer so i can

dowload apps and put music on it.

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-24-2013, 03:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kitties View Post
can i download apps to my computer without having to download anything?

can i put the apps on my s2 or samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0?

does it come with a usb cord to hook it up to my computer so i can

dowload apps and put music on it.

thanks
There are multiple Tab 2 7.0". There is a WiFi version and a sim card version, at least. Which are you asking about? I have a WiFi only unit, plus two Android phones.

1) don't understand. "download apps to computer without having to download anything?" a contradiction in terms. I find it easiest to use "Google Play" on my PC to locate an app of interest. Then I direct Google Play to send the app to the relevant device.

2) I use Google Play to direct the apps to the phone or tablet of choice (or all three devices in my case).

3) Yes it came with a proprietary USB cord to connect to my favourite PC for loading music, and (if you really want) apps.

Steve

Last edited by FreeZ5; 03-24-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:53 PM

what i ment for number 1 was can i donload apps to my computer without haveing to download softwere to my computer first.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:55 PM

thank you.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
what i ment for number 1 was can i donload apps to my computer without haveing to download softwere to my computer first.
Most software that I have seen downloads direct to the device. You cannot download to your PC from Google Play. However, you can download apps to your PC from some other sites (but most will refer you to Google Play).

Some people use a product called Kies. I haven't used it or installed it on my PC. There may be reasons for using Kies (registration, backup, finding lost device), but you don't have to use it to download apps.

Steve

Old 03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
Administrator

You need to setup a Google Play account and use that to sign on to Google Play from the tablet. That links that device to your account. Once you've done that you can select the apps you want from either the tablet or sign into the Google Play from your PC.

When you sign in you'll see that the Play store is aware of which devices you have linked to that account. It's easier for to me browse the app store from my PC so I make my choices that way. After I've done that the apps download directly to my devices when I sign on with them, not to my PC.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post

Some people use a product called Kies. I haven't used it or installed it on my PC. There may be reasons for using Kies (registration, backup, finding lost device), but you don't have to use it to download apps.

Steve
I don't have Kies installed either, and like you, I manage to use my tablet and Galaxy 5.0 just fine without it. So I rate it up there with the Sansa Updater.....useless crap I don't need.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:33 PM

thanks for the info. the reason i ask is becuase i don't have wifi in my apartment and i am kind afraid to use wifi to download apps in lets say a coffee shop. i am afraid my personal information might get into the wrong hands.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
thanks for the info. the reason i ask is becuase i don't have wifi in my apartment and i am kind afraid to use wifi to download apps in lets say a coffee shop. i am afraid my personal information might get into the wrong hands.
I think that you should have put this info in your first post. It changes EVERYTHING. BTW, you didn't tell us...are you getting the WiFi only version or one with a data plan.

If it has a data plan, you won't need WiFi.

You need to tell us EVERYTHING that you are thinking.

Steve