android
Old 02-01-2013, 09:20 AM

Default bricked clip+ not enough room for music db

I just synced my clip plus now when I reboot it says not enough room for db please free 50mb and when I go to delete something there is nothing to delete but empty folders and in wmp there shows no music on it. what should I do. Think the clip is now bricked

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-01-2013, 10:16 AM

I really don't know. It seems a lot of posts involve either Rhapsody or WMP. I do know that having used first the Clip and now Clip+ for many years, I've never had a problem using drag 'n drop and MSC mode. You can't do this if using DRM files, but unless one is using such files I would urge people to use MSC mode.
If your case permits doing this, I would format and reload. If syncing is important, you can do this using windows file compare utilities, winmerge is a good freeware product.
If you are using DRM music hopefully someone else can help.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Administrator

It's a common enough problem that it's part of the sandisk knowledge base. This might help http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/848/ .

Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 PM

well I cant even switch to msc 4o delete stuff I had to just format too bad though it will take a while to get my selection of songs back

Old 02-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
well I cant even switch to msc 4o delete stuff I had to just format too bad though it will take a while to get my selection of songs back
You don't have them backed up somewhere else?

Old 02-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

A reminder to all of us to make sure that we have a recent backup. I know that I need to do that for a couple of my players.

Steve

Old 02-01-2013, 03:02 PM

what is the best way to backup? I know you can just copy and paste but is there a better way? I used to have a playlist of all the stuff but it somehow got corrupted

Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
what is the best way to backup? I know you can just copy and paste but is there a better way?
You just answered your own question. Whatever other 'better' way there may be, it's going to boil down to copying and pasting whether you do it manually, or let some sort of software to do it for you.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
A reminder to all of us to make sure that we have a recent backup. I know that I need to do that for a couple of my players.

Steve
I don't back up individual players' contents unless there is something unique there....for example, I have a folder with 100 songs in it without track numbers(I only shuffle them), with a tagged album title called "Work mix" that I have on two separate players that I bring to work, and I have it saved on the computer as well.

But the rest of my music, asides from being on both of my computers, is also on two external hard drives....so I am covered.

Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM

I actually like to have a playlist of everything on my player saved on the computer takes up less space

Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
I actually like to have a playlist of everything on my player saved on the computer takes up less space
Sorry, but I can't see where that would save anything or have any benefit other than a reminder of what you had on the player. Unless you have copies of the files stored eleswhere, or CD's to re-rip you're still out that music and have to go buy and/or download it again to replace in case of a catastrophic failure or inadvertent format.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:13 PM

The songs are on my computer and on the player so I make a playlist of everything and if the file locations change like from on the player and on the computer I just use wmp and change the file location to make the playlist work again