android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2012, 01:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Advice for replacements for Super fi 5's

So ok my super fi 5's died today whilst in the field test for my i9 lol. :'(
RIP.
But those of you aware, my superfi's had that line in button and actually didn't work properly in the i9 port, bit weird, i had to tape the line in button to be permanently suppressed down for it to work right.

So anyways, i'm thinking i prolly want to avoid any headphones with line in buttons etc in case they work weird with the i9's also.

But anyway i digress, i'm looking for either a) a new pair of super fi 5's (without the line in button) or something similar.
The super fi 5's are my favourite headphone yet. They are the loudest which is important to me. I just replay gained my music to 94db and on the cowon i9 was listening at 37-39 volume, and to me sounds just right (BBE Viva on etc).
I understand to many that is way too loud... i'm gonna get tinnitus later in life for sure... i dunno.. he who gets the most tinnitus wins

The design of the actual headphone i think is also important to my earshape, the super fi's have a longish 'stalk' from the body of the ear piece to the silicon tip, I think that assists with getting a good and comfortable seal for me i.e. the body of the earpiece isn't really having any contact with the ear canal.

To date i have had Etymotic er6's, super fi 5's, v-moda vibes and soundmagic.

I'm just curious as to what ppl might recommend as a close (possibly cheaper) similar listening experience (and design) to the Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5's.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]