android
Old 01-17-2013, 11:45 AM

Default You guys having issues with Netflix streaming?

Back in September Netflix revised it's HTML5 coding for a more graphics intensive interface. It stopped functioning on my player. Used to be fantastic...flawless, really. Then, just laggy to the point of not working...and crashing. Other users have black screens, seriously out-of-sync sound, black screens with sound, good video with no sound (a lot of that)- or extreme lag.

Check of reviews on Google Play for Netflix. Thousands of bad reviews dince September. Netflix releases updates but these are doing nothing to solve the issue of their own formatting being way cumbersome and laggy. Even with modern phones like Sam S3. Many people have quit. Netflix telephone customer help does not acknowledge that they have a problem with android. I saw a post online where a very tech-savvy dude figured out how to hack into his device a previous version of Netflix- and got back to good old functionality. I have cancelled my Netflix streaming because it was ridiculous to pay for something that did not work. I don't know if I'm ready to reactivate and try this hack. It jus pees me off htat Netflix is so arrogant to change their formatting, have many users suffer, and offer no fix. It is a PAID service after all. So part of me want sto just write them off for good. but I really miss viewing!

Is anyone using their SGP 4 or 5 to stream Netflix without issues?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 PM

takes FOREVER to load up, but plays the videos fine, but personally I use the LAPTOP for it myself as its WAY faster at loading on PC, the Wii and PS3 apps are slow loading and the Wii doesn't seam to like the pause commands lately either.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Redneck Moderator

Last 2 days my netflix on my phone has been lagging to the point that the voices are slowed down, the video is also slowed down. Not sure whats up, been to busy to figure it out.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service

Old 01-29-2013, 01:24 PM

I've had similar experiences with my SGP 4. The shows play fine but getting to that point is sometimes a challenge.

What I've observed is that when it first launches the CPU gets hit hard. If left for a minute or two (caching content no doubt) it becomes somewhat more usable. Still laggy and not fast by any means but much more responsive than if you try to move things around when the content first shows up.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Redneck Moderator

My phone works correctly now. I uninstalled netflix and installed it again, now it works great.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service

Old 02-15-2013, 09:37 AM

I'm hesitant to sign up again.
Still thousands of currently-posted bad reviews on Google Play.
updates keep getting worse, etc.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:42 PM

It is working okay but there are issues for sure. It's an unresponsive app when you're trying to do something like scroll down the page. It lacks functionality quite badly imo for an app this size because you can only search by name, not even actor/director like you can on TV let alone description or genre like on the PC version.

I like Netflix quite a bit but their app for android is an embarrassment. The video works fine for me minus being out of sync a second or two sometimes.

Maybe downloading an older version of netflix .apk would help some of you guys.

Last edited by maarij; 02-20-2013 at 03:44 PM.