android
Old 01-13-2013, 05:45 AM

Default new mp3 player dilemna

I've been searching for a new mp3 player but seem to have hit a brick wall so need some help. I'm looking for something of a reasonable size,16 or 32GB with expansion, great sound, connection to internet for viewing videos and a folder structure that displays artists and albums but also albums under artists. I eventually settled on the cowon z2 which did sound great but does not display albums under artists, I could download an app such as power amp or rockbox but some people find sound problems with these on the z2, don't know how true this is? Other cowon products which would also sound great but are not compatible with windows 64 bit, so is the cowon z2 my best bet or are there any alternatives out there? Don't want an apple product and willing to pay 200-250.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-13-2013, 03:53 PM

Sounds more of a problem of properly tagging your mp3s then the actual player. Sounds like you need an android mp3 player and unfortunately there aren't many to chose from right now. I would reccomend a galaxy player series but not sure how good the sound quality is.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

+1 on the tagging. I have owned MANY DAPs in my time, and if there is an issue with art or database its always the tags at fault, or at least working out how yer player see's tags and it's limitations.

FWIW Power Amp on my Galaxy S2 finds everything and displays everything correctly. Superb app.