android
Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 PM

Red face Embarassing but how to use z2 plenue

Hi,

Just got a Z2 Plenue today. The last mp3 player I had was an iAudio x5 so this is my 1st android device.

Since there is no user manual with the player, I'm not finding it overly intuitive. I copied my music folders across but when I try to play anything, it only seems to play 1 song at a time instead of being able to play an album in full or all albums by an artist. Do I need to install something to do this, or how do I manage to do this?

Also, does the radio tune in automatically or how do you preset a station? The ones that appear seem to just generate noise and I can't seem to set an actualy frequency.

I haven't installed any firmware or anything, so can anyone help me on how to get started on using the Z2? I just want it to play music.

Thanks,
Maro

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-10-2013, 11:01 AM

When you said you copied your music folders, I hope you don't mean that you organized your music by making thousands of folders, rather than properly tagging them. This is nothing but trouble when you try to transfer music. I have four thousand songs tagged properly and it just all works perfectly. Your music should only be in one or two folders on the player. You have to point the player to these folders in the settings.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpilot View Post
When you said you copied your music folders, I hope you don't mean that you organized your music by making thousands of folders, rather than properly tagging them. This is nothing but trouble when you try to transfer music. I have four thousand songs tagged properly and it just all works perfectly. Your music should only be in one or two folders on the player. You have to point the player to these folders in the settings.
Hi there, you're right about the tagging and I've not had any problems with my previous player but some now don't appear. It's most curious.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:58 PM

In my experience it can take a while before an android device has discovered all of your tracks. My android phone used to take 'ages' to index them, but the Z2 appears to be significantly faster (I've got a 32 Gb sdcard loaded with music and a few gigabytes internal memory are used as well).

If you've updated tags in songs and they don't show then you might want to force a complete rescan of your library :
- go to the settings application
- chose 'privacy settings'
- select 'Media database update' : this will clear the database and re-index your songs
I've had to do this on my android phone once in a while as it would still list songs that I had removed.

Once indexed you can view your songs :
- file-system : this is a plane view of the file system that defaults to the 'Media' directory of your internal memory
- indexed by song
- indexed by album
- indexed by artist
- indexed by genre
You do this by starting the music player and touching the 'list' icon at the top right of the screen.

However I did notice that the player only plays songs that are in one 'folder' in your library.
ie :
if you pick the 'artist' view and chose an artist then the player will only ever loop through all songs by that artist. You can't create a playlist of several albums in the standard media player.

As a result I can only shuffle 'all songs' if you chose the 'all songs' view.

However as this is an android device and adding the google app store is possible (instructions in this thread : http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69250 ) This gives access to lots of apps including alternative media players like Cubed (my personal favourite) The only disadvantage is that you can't use the pause/prev/next hardware buttons.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:50 AM

Last edited by carptk; 05-21-2013 at 11:54 AM.