android
Old 12-20-2012, 09:07 PM

Default Headphone Advice

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good set of headphones for this player (which I think is great!).
I listen to primarily progressive rock music (keyboards and guitars dominate). I don't want heavy bass, I'm looking for more of a clean, clear sound.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Administrator

---moved from J3 subforum for better exposure.---

You'll do better at gettting suggestions if you add the info outlined here. http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=59847. As your post stands now there's any number of headphone different types and price ranges that fit what you describe.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:46 PM

Hi, sorry for my bad english.

I think you should buy a Grado sr60i the most natural and clear sound under 100$ USD

This christmas i buy that headphones and i check a lot of reviews and all the opinions say these are a great headphones

pros: natural and clear sound, nice soundstage, nice mids and treble, bass is not excessive

cons: leaking sound because they are open (not good in public spaces)

Old 12-23-2012, 03:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I had the original SR60, and its treble was very aggressive and hurt my ears. it is very open and leaks more sound than any other headphone I owned. Its thick cable made it very annoying for portable use. The SR60 was the most unnatural sounding headphone I owned with its aggressive treble. While the SR60i is said to be an improvement, most claim that the headphones aren't that different.

Imo you should listen to some JVC headphones. Try the new HA-S400. Aside from being very inexpensive(only around $30), it has received great reviews due to its great clarity from using carbon nanotube technology.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/626332/the-...ad-for-details