android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Off Topic > Random Chat

Old 12-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have another one in a different genre from metal/industrial that I find quite disturbing.

Song: Red Bats With Teeth
Album: The Lost Highway
Artist: Angelo Badalamenti

Description: Definitely the darker side of jazz, I love the deranged repetitiveness and the way the saxaphone kicks in and gets more and more crazy till in the end its only the sax playing and it's clearly lost its mind.
On a side note, good film, very disturbing yet very clever.
Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails) is credited for the soundtrack so yet again we can't get away from him in connections to disturbing tunes

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-18-2012, 08:10 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

I don't think any track is as disturibng and just as beautiful as The Door's the End. What can me more disturbing than a bad break up? On the surface, the lyrics appear that someone is killing their family, from bedroom to bedroom. Hey, I like Trent Reznor but I don't think any of his songs come close to this. If you never listened to this track, please do yourself a favor and do so. It's that good.

Last edited by musichound; 12-18-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 AM

Tool's Sober was mentioned.

Pretty much every other music videos by Tool is more disturbing than "Sober"

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL278BC5B0DD4C749A

Although some of these videos didn't aged so well, the music is still among the best. Unique and unrivaled.

Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I think Lateralus (the song) was voted as number 1 metal song of all time.
I got into Tool only just this year, i was always aware of them but just hadn't given them the light of day properly.
Quite often in music i listen to summin and discard it. Months (or even years) later i give it another go and fall in love with it, it's as if I am not ready for the music at that time in my life but later can hear it with better ears (deaf ears prolly lol).

I can see why Lateralus was voted best metal song, it is truly an incredible masterpiece.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:54 AM

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/vi...2107858581688/

Old 12-20-2012, 01:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
If you never listened to this track, please do yourself a favor and do so. It's that good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD74-1G9o_U
Thank's for that, I enjoyed its repetitive theme and towards the end the vocals losing it, definitely disturbing. My wife is a different generation from me so she loves The Doors, whereas I am too young to possibly appreciate them, I think i shocked her playing that song lol.

When looking at my music collection I definitely seem to drift towards more modern styles of music, where electronics are more prevalently used.

I asked Mrs Banner what she would choose as the most disturbing song. She chose this, says she can't even listen to it anymore and skips that track more often than not.

Song: Me and a Gun
Album: Little Earthquakes
Artist: Tori Amos

Description: Just listen/find the lyrics, it's about Tori Amos's real life rape ordeal
FYI we're both avid Tori fans, seen her twice live and my wife more times than that.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice lol. Kinda funny and disturbing at the same time...