android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Off Topic > Random Chat

Old 12-17-2012, 06:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Default Favourite Disturbing Track? (Warning, Parental Advisory)

I thought it might be fun to run a little thread asking ppl to submit (with utube vid if possible) a song that fits the subject matter. If it takes off and quite a few ppl submit I will start new threads for different moods/genres etc.
So what u have to do is supply the Song, Album and Artist and possible link (if any are easily available) and why this song fits the said subject matter.
The purpose of this is to hopefully to introduce members to different artists and encourage chit chat and debate and stuff etc etc.

i'll go first.

Song: Eraser
Album: Downward Spiral
Artist: Nine Inch Nails

Description: If someone asks me to play a song to them that's pretty disturbing I usually reach for this. The intro, the drums, the build, the layers, the repetitive psychosis, then the calm change before the storm. I find this piece very powerful.

Last edited by BruceBanner; 12-18-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 AM

Any variation of Gangnam Style!

I won't subject anyone here to link to a video of them.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The stupid "Alvin and the Chipmunk" voice effect in this ^^ and other popular songs really pisses me off.

Also anything by this guy....

Both of these songs are "music" I get subjected to at work, that make me want to shoot someone (or myself)

Old 12-17-2012, 02:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ahhhaha.. I didn't expect a response of music that you hate and therefore is disturbing lol

Old 12-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'll post a Tool and Nine Inch Nails video later,...

Old 12-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
ahhhaha.. I didn't expect a response of music that you hate and therefore is disturbing lol
Always expect the unexpected from us!
(hey, at least nobody posted Bieber)....

Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Shouldn't have asked then.

Oh yeah, [C]Rap music (if you can call it that) really disturbs me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I'll post a Tool and Nine Inch Nails video later,...
That's what she said!

Old 12-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'll create a 'Favorite Unbearable Track' post later so u can all vent properly in its rightful spot hehe

Old 12-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Tool, Sober:

Nine Inch Nails - Closer

PS: PLease put a Parental Advisory in the title of this thread,...

Old 12-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh i'm familiar with both those pieces. Closer i don't find that disturbing but the video is. Think it was (maybe still is) banned, ironically MTV used a number of scenes to promote its channel back in the day.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

The two tracks DS pointed are exactly the ones i was thinking of. Those are both eerie and fantastic at the same time.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There was a NIN video a friend of mine had years ago, in the VHS days.....I don't remember what it was called, but most of it was much more disturbing than the Closer video above is. I vaguely remember someone strapped into a chair and various horrid things being done to them....

And if you want a disturbing movie, look no further than this...
Quote:
Dee Snider is one sick freak. STRANGELAND is the 1998 film he wrote to much hullabaloo – the guy from Twisted Sister writing and starring in a horror movie. The result is a genuinely twisted (had to use it, sorry) piece of sado-masochistic sickness. And for that reason, I almost have to recommend it. It’s so truly nasty that it earns props for not holding back. Sadly, what prevents a recommendation is the fact that Snider’s script and the overall execution of the movie are sub par. The nasty make-up and effects can only get you so many points, but ultimately it takes a little something more to make a fun horror flick.

Snider plays Captain Howdy (with a nice nod to THE EXORCIST), an insane S&M freak who gets off on luring teenagers into his basement and then doing all sorts of unspeakable things to them. Think of his place as a tattoo/piercing joint gone horribly horribly wrong. Also horribly wrong is the dialogue in the opening scenes. The opening involving two teenage girls chatting online rings so false, you may find yourself laughing out loud. “What’s IM mean?” asks one girl. While chatting with Captain Howdy, one teenager gets excited when he asks, “Do you like hip hop?” She gets all giddy and says out loud, “Oh yeah, I love it!” If that’s all it takes to lure teenagers, our public education system must be failing us in a big way.

Of course, once the girls get to his house, the horror kicks it up a notch. Piercings, spikes, and lips sewn shut – just to give you an idea. Too bad one of the girls he lured is the daughter of a local police inspector, Detective Gage. Gage starts researching this amazing “internet” thing (reminds me of George W. Bush and the infamous “internets”) and his early foray elicits even more laughter. Apparently in 1998 computers were magical boxes that only a few select chosen people had any understanding of, because Gage has no clue. Eventually, however, he catches on and heads into Captain Howdy’s underworld. In fact, before long, he actually captures the guy and sends him to prison and then a mental institution.

Flash forward 4 years, Captain Howdy is cured and ready to re-enter society. Unfortunately, minus all his crazy make-up and piercings, we can now see that Captain Howdy is really no more than…aging rock star Dee Snider. Integrating into society isn’t so easy though – and the neighborhood, led by Bill O’Reilly wannabe Robert Englund – rises up and lynches Captain Howdy. That’s right – they actually hang the guy. Vigilante justice taken a bit too far if you ask me. Sadly, this hanging doesn’t actually kill Captain Howdy, but instead leads to a major regression. Captain Howdy becomes worse than ever, and once again turns his sights on Gage’s daughter.

How nasty you find this movie comes down to how much the idea of body piercing bothers you. I live in New York, so I should be accustomed to the sight but the movie made me cringe on numerous occasions – hanging people by meat-hooks or piano wire, piercing male genitalia, so on and so forth. I won’t lie, there were times I had to look away – and I’ve seen just about everything.

The nastiness is something I have to give the film credit for, but that’s about it. The script, plot, acting, and direction all pretty much are terrible. Snider needs to keep his day job as the ex-rocker on every VH1 countdown show ever made. But hey, give him credit for trying, and for going all out with the graphic nature of the film – it’s not for the faint of heart.
http://horror.blogs.com/absolute_hor...eland_aka.html

Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
There was a NIN video a friend of mine had years ago, in the VHS days.....I don't remember what it was called, but most of it was much more disturbing than the Closer video above is. I vaguely remember someone strapped into a chair and various horrid things being done to them....

And if you want a disturbing movie, look no further than this...

http://horror.blogs.com/absolute_hor...eland_aka.html
Was it this one?

That's one of my favorites

Old 12-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
Was it this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao-Sahfy7Hg

That's one of my favorites
Nope, not that one.

I think I found what it was...gotta love Google!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness_in_Slavery

Quote:
The music video for "Happiness in Slavery," directed by Jon Reiss, features performance artist Bob Flanagan entering a large room. He places a flower and a candle on an altar and in a ritualistic style prepares for something; by washing himself before becoming strapped into a machine with long robotic claws that arise from the machine and subsequently tear apart his skin and impale his hands. The man reacts in pleasure as this occurs. There are also drills that drill into his skin in various places letting his blood drip onto the floor beneath, where there is a garden apparently fertilized by human blood.

Later in the video, large grinders emerge from the machine to cause extreme injury to the man's skin. As he continues to scream in a mixture of pleasure and pain, the machine begins to disembowel him, ultimately killing him. It then engulfs the man's body in a metal cask and minces it into fertilizer for the garden below. In the conclusion, Trent Reznor, who had been singing the lyrics inside a cell, enters the room and it is ambiguous whether he is next participant or if he is the curator of the room.
The video was almost universally banned once released.[citation needed] It was later included in Closure and the Broken Movie. It was featured on Too Much 4 Much, MuchMusic's showcase of videos banned from their regular programming.
Reznor commented that the video was not created for shock value,[2] but that "these were the most appropriate visuals for the song."[3] It had to do with his artistic freedom at the time after his fallout with TVT Records.[2]

Old 12-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Wow this escalated quickly into a NIN thread. Not that i'm complaining, I have seen the gent perform twice and own everything he has ever created (he is my most favorite artist I think).
But really, is all we can do NIN and Tool?
It doesn't have to be metal genre, electronica, jazz, classical whatever... just trying to see if we can get some diversity here.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd post the uncensored video by Prodigy called "Smake My Bitch Up", but it would get me banned. That's why I asked for the "Parental Advisory" warning in the title of the first post. We get slightly more flexibility that way.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

But these are all disturbing videos, i'm talking sound first and foremost, and if it so happens there is a whacked video to accompany it then so be it.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
But these are all disturbing videos, i'm talking sound first and foremost, and if it so happens there is a whacked video to accompany it then so be it.
Be careful what you wish for....

Old 12-18-2012, 01:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Nice, Cannibal Corpse, heard of them, not heard them lol. Will give those links a whirl in a bit.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

When I get home I'll post away,...and enjoy the great vids you guys post.