android
Old 12-09-2012, 04:45 PM

Unhappy Heartbroken Zen User :(

Hi boys,

Firstly, I'm new here. Just a big HELLO for you all. Hope you're doing well

Secondly, I got a Zen Vision: M a couple of years ago and I got an issue with it. We were great lovers, it fell on the ground and all my music files dissapeared. We broke down. I'm still in love. I can't get over it. So I tried upgrading firmware, I tried rebooting and all so, and a couple of years after I stumble upon the good solution of opening it to see if something is broken. I dissassembled my poor sweetheart and nothing was strange: no problems with battery, no problems with ribbon cable as for HDD is concerned, no strange sounds. Sounds to me that this is going to be about a Hard Disk problem since I'm running XP in a PC and the Creative software doesn't recognize it and also running Windows 7 in a laptop and in recovery system I see "DOCKED" and can't move along the options with the touch pad, but the system recognizes it although only showing 50Mb of free disk space. I don't know what else can be done, and definitely is the best mp3 player I've had up to now and the one I want to have, so I prefer to repair it than to have a new one if this is cheaper and we can go back to golden years

If it's a HDD problem, I'd like to have a compact flash HD rather. If not, I hope you can explain. I'd like to know where can I buy these too, since I'm from Spain and I have no idea about providers and shipping -I've only seached eBay and I'm really terrified

Thanks in advance you all.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 AM

I have some parts for sale in the classifieds, depending on what connector you have to your hdd i might have a compact flash adapter for you as well. I have a working HDD from mine as well.

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,

Tags
hdd, unrecognized