android
Old 12-06-2012, 02:58 AM

Default so whats the better phone?

whats the better phone? Samsung Captivate Glide or
Samsung Galaxy S 2 Skyrocket? The max i can spend is $50.00. I have AT&T. i want to serf the web and listen to music. well i am also getting a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0, so i guess it will mostly be for calls. thanks for your input.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The better phone is the one that you like best. I say this to EVERYONE who asks this question. Try a phone, see if it's what you like, then either keep it or return it and get a different one.

Personally, I'd recommend that you get a WP8 phone. They've got great features, great battery life, and are really easy to use. I luv my Nokia Lumia 920, the Lumia 820 is fantastic & has a micro sd card slot (up to 64gb), and even the Lumia 900 is great (but will go to WP7.8 and get the custom eq my Lumia 920 has. The 820 has an eq as well.).

Overall I think you should check one out,...

Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM

The difference between those two phones mostly is having a qwerty or not as they're both variants of the Galaxy S II. Phones with sliding qwerty keyboards are thicker than the slate phones (non keyboard type). However, the qwerty keyboard provides better haptic feedback (feel) while typing which a person would find more pleasurable to use and may be able to type faster on it than using a touchscreen keyboard. As DarkSide said, you should try both for yourself and see which form factor you like better.

I would also recommend trying using the swype keyboard function on Samsung Android phones or an android phone with that app installed on it (I think there's a 1 month free trail to the full version of the keyboard). A lot of people I know prefer that type of typing the most.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM

well the thing is i already have a phone with a pull out keyboard. i love it. (the keyboard, not the phone itself, it really sucks) however yes it is a bit bulky. i looked at the lumia(s) and didn't like them for some reason. (i can't remember why.) lol. any one have any other suggestions? thanks.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

You're about to sign onto a $1500+ contract. Maybe spend an extra 50 bucks and get a slightly newer phone? You're going to be stuck with it for a while. Also, ditch the galaxy player.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:28 PM

i'm on a family plan so i only pay $35.00 and i can't afford to pay more than that.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 AM

$35 dollars a month for your 2 year contract is $840 so pay the 10% ($80) more and get a better phone. However, the best deal right now for AT&T is a HTC One X refurb for 99 cents.

Old 12-09-2012, 02:06 AM

i just can't afford it. i'm on a low income.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Note he said $0.99 not $99 I'd get a HTC One X at that price for sure.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:47 AM

well i got the samsung skyrocket. any one have this phone? i looked up on you tube how to "use" the phone but i didn't get that much help. by use the phone i mean i haven't had one before (duh) and i want to know what to do to make it my own and how to play with the widgets and stuff like that. thanks for you help and suggestions. i was also thinking of making this my mp3 player (i am thinking of puting a 32 gb sd card in it) but i know smart phones drain batteries quickly, so its just something i have to still think about for now. by the way it was free!