android
Old 11-28-2012, 05:42 PM

Default Replacing my Creative Zen Vision

Hi all,

My first post on here though a long time reader.

I've had my trusty Creative Zen Vision:M for a long time, must be over 5 years by now and I'm gutted I'll have to give it up. It's not like me to damage my gadgets but after continuous use, it's finally entering senility; ie it constantly resets itself and rebuilds the media library, the left channel jack must be loose on the board, it's missing a number of screws which hold the case together and it sometimes doesn't charge.

So I'm on the hunt for a replacement. I've heard Creatives after mine and still believe mine is the last good one they made. Originally I was looking at the Cowon J3. I convinced my missus to get one and its great but now its discontinued so i cannot get one for myself.

And since the J3 doesnt have a clear successor, I'm left with a puzzle

Capacity: I need at least 30GB, my Zen is full to the brim and I can only imagine more will come. I don't mind if this is via an expansion slot but it must integrate properly

Budget: Looking to spend up to 200, can stretch if really needed

Use: Mainly used for listening to music on the way to work, at the gym and in car (via the aux-in). Video isn't really a priority.

Type/Design: DAP - Not super large - Steel or aluminium a bonus for toughness

Features:
Must haves: Drag and drop, Great playlist support, Very high quality sound. Good UI
Bonus: Very quick and smooth UI, Gapless , built in speaker, On-the-fly playlist editing, would like it to show album art, ability to edit file details on player (if such a thing exists), non-propriety charging and docking

Display: Must have a display though just needs to be functional 2+ inches

UI/Controls: Can live with or without touch but tactile buttons preferred

Battery life: Would like at least an above average battery life.

Thanks for your help guys

Mike

Last edited by Mickydoos; 11-28-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]