android
Old 11-26-2012, 11:23 PM

Default File Names on the Samsung Galaxy Player

So I have an extremely old 4th Gen iPod with a click wheel and I'm sick of it. I don't want to spend $300 on a new one that has memory you can't expand. So I've been thinking about the Samsung Galaxy Player. But I have one problem before I buy it.

When I sync my songs from iTunes, the songs look like this:

The name as it would show up on my iPod would be "Sword Art Online - Magic Castle, Book of Truth" with the Artist being Luna Haruna and the Album "Overfly". Just like it is in iTunes.

However, when I put it on other devices (i.e. PS Vita, 3DS, Cell Phone) which have MicroSD/Memory Sticks, some songs would have their original file names instead of the titles I gave it in iTunes. For example:

So instead of "Sword Art Online - Magic Castle, Book of Truth", it would be "03. 魔法の城、真実の書物。" or "03. □□□□□□□□□□□". Sometimes the Artist, Album Artwork and Albums are completely wrong or just missing.

Does the Galaxy Player have some sort of iTunes sync or will I have to manually adjust all of my 2000 something songs?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-27-2012, 06:30 PM

Hi, I do have overfly as one of my songs too . Well the music app in the galaxy player will read the ID3 tag inside your MP3 file to get the info. It will not base itself from the file name. In this case, I think the title would be the Sword Art Online book thingy. Also with the galaxy player, there's no sync program in particular. It's drag and drop. But you can download a program that make itself like itunes, it's called doubletwist and you can download it here:

http://doubletwist.com/

Hope this helps.

Tags
apple, ipod, itunes, music, samsung galaxy player