android
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 AM

Default Zen Touch 2 - recovery mode

Hi
my new Zen touch 2 arrived this week - it has been a very frustrating week!
When I turn the player on it either finds the usual 6 wireless networks in my area and connects to my wireless network as I would like it to or it finds no networks at all. More often than not I find no networks.

I have been told by their 'support' team to restore factory settings by accessing recovery mode. To do this I have to hold the power and home keys down.
Can anyone tell me how long I have to do this for - I've tried for over 60 seconds with no result.
Even if I can get the wireless problem solved my next problem is the audible app which when the wifi is working will not connect, I enter username and password and just get the interminable 'connecting' wheel. As Audible was what I bought this for I am not particularly impressed.
Creative tell me I need to check my routers MAC address filtering. I have a Homehub 2.0 and no idea how to do this. I'm now starting on my next bout of internet research to try to find out how to do this.
Any non-techy advice out there on either problem would be very gratefully received
thanks - J

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM

in case it helps anyone it appears you need to turn the player off before pressing home and power together.

Also the homehub 2.0 has no MAC address filtering