android
Old 02-24-2013, 02:33 PM

Default I dropped my J3

Back in July I dropped my J3. Since then my J3's screen doesn't turn on, but, it still plays music. I luckily left my J3 on shuffle when I did drop it, so I still get music. Anyone know how to fix my screen?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2013, 04:25 PM

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear that.
I have no idea what you should do. I'm guessing there's obvious visual damage that shows that it has been dropped? If it is still under warranty and if it looks okay you could send it back...maybe?
Maybe Cowon could repair it anyway, even if it is obviously "accidental damage", but I doubt it would be cheap.
Sorry, this probably wasn't very helpful.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:30 PM

Forgot: You probably already tried the reset button, right? My screen wouldn't come on once and that fixed it.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:56 PM

Thanks for the attempt. Yeah I have tried reseting. Actually, I have discovered what appears to be a crack inside my screen. It sounds wierd, but, the crack is under my screen.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Redneck Moderator

The J3 has the glass covering, and then the LCD screen. The glass usually contains the touch portion of the unit. A decent crack could completely shut down all features of the LCD panel(backlight, and the graphic portion). I know that sending the unit to Cowon to get the glass and the touch replaced usually runs about 100 USD. I'm not sure how much it is to get the LCD replaced.

Your best bet is to e-mail cowon(as they don't have a number to call them) and ask them if they can fix it. They wont give you a price until after you send it to them and they inspect it. You could also check Ebay/forums and see if you could find a damaged J3 and attempt to fix it yourself.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service

Old 02-26-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
The J3 has the glass covering, and then the LCD screen. The glass usually contains the touch portion of the unit. A decent crack could completely shut down all features of the LCD panel(backlight, and the graphic portion). I know that sending the unit to Cowon to get the glass and the touch replaced usually runs about 100 USD. I'm not sure how much it is to get the LCD replaced.

Your best bet is to e-mail cowon(as they don't have a number to call them) and ask them if they can fix it. They wont give you a price until after you send it to them and they inspect it. You could also check Ebay/forums and see if you could find a damaged J3 and attempt to fix it yourself.
Thanks! I just might do this, 100 is abit pricey. I shall have to decide if I shall go this route or forget my Cowon and get a cheap 40 dollar Sansa Fuze.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Redneck Moderator

If you do drop the Cowon then shoot me a PM. I'm interested in spare parts off of them.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service