android
Old 04-22-2012, 05:52 AM

Default J3 Connection to Car Help!

Hi,

I own a 2008 Volkswagen Passat Highline and currently connect my J3 via the audio out of J3 and AUX in of car. However I am 48 now and my eyes are not what they were (LOL) and besides trying to scroll whilst driving is dangerous. I want to fit a double din stereo into my car but be able to hook the J3 up and for it to see the 2 drives.

Does anyone now of such replacement car stereo that would be suitable please?

Iphone stereos are popular and I have an ipod to AUX converter but I know that that will not work.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-22-2012, 06:56 AM

If you're going to buy a new unit anyway, I'd encourage you to get one with a SD card slot. I've had them since 2009, and there's no futzing with cables. I run 64gb cards in a JVC KW-NT1 and a JVC KW-NT30HD. They do have a 5000 file limit which supposedly has been removed on the new JVC arsenal navigation lineup just introduced.

I've only hooked up my j3 once to the usb port just to see if/how it would work. (It only sees the internal memory).

Edit: Actually there is a limit on the new models, although you'd be hard pressed to exceed it, 9999 folders and 999 files in each.

Last edited by kp-j3; 04-22-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: file limits

Old 04-24-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp-j3 View Post
If you're going to buy a new unit anyway, I'd encourage you to get one with a SD card slot. I've had them since 2009, and there's no futzing with cables. I run 64gb cards in a JVC KW-NT1 and a JVC KW-NT30HD. They do have a 5000 file limit which supposedly has been removed on the new JVC arsenal navigation lineup just introduced.

I've only hooked up my j3 once to the usb port just to see if/how it would work. (It only sees the internal memory).

Edit: Actually there is a limit on the new models, although you'd be hard pressed to exceed it, 9999 folders and 999 files in each.
LOL. I think that I would get bored scrolling through the library.

Thanks for advising. I will take a look.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Reviving an older thread for a different solution. My newer car stereo replacement has a USB input, so I took my J3 USB cable and inserted it into that, connected to the J3 like charging or syncing. It read the disc for about 10 seconds and was ready to read all folders & files on the J3, about 25+ GB of music, as if it were an external flash drive.