android
Old 11-08-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
The Nano 3rd generation was discontinued 4 years ago, so it is unlikely to find one with a battery that holds a decent charge. I guess if you can buy one that works cheap enough, then you could pay to have the battery replaced.

Video is now being used for religious lectures and presentations, so I don't see anything wrong with a religious person having a decent portable video player(unless they are Amish).
there ya go! at last someone intelligent (not that the others aren't but that was way above the rest...) XD
umm ok that sounds good to me so i'll buy a second hand one and buy a new battery for it... sounds great. thanks. i do wish there was a non apple one though. :}

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM

bs"d
is that you in the picture?

cause it looks cool, looks like it's computer animated or something?

Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Administrator

As size is a primary concern I'd check out sizeasy http://www.sizeasy.com/. You just get the dimensions of a player you're familiar with and put those and sizes of the ones you're considering in the comparison box. You may find that ones you think are too large aren't as large as you think.

If a nano 3 isn't too large there's a chance the ones I mentioned earlier won't be either. The newer Sony E475 and the Cowon i9 are what I consider small players. Once you compare their sizes to the nano 3 you may find they are the right size for your needs.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
As size is a primary concern I'd check out sizeasy http://www.sizeasy.com/. You just get the dimensions of a player you're familiar with and put those and sizes of the ones you're considering in the comparison box. You may find that ones you think are too large aren't as large as you think.

If a nano 3 isn't too large there's a chance the ones I mentioned earlier won't be either. The newer Sony E475 and the Cowon i9 are what I consider small players. Once you compare their sizes to the nano 3 you may find they are the right size for your needs.
thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
will check 'em out right away...

Last edited by hemi the breslever; 11-08-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:29 PM

I don't see the problem with having a larger-sized video player if you are religious. There are plenty of Bible apps and religious content on many platforms.

Getting a decent small player that does video well is harder though. they tend to be expensive like Cowon or Sony or Apple models.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

The sansa fuze and ipod nano 3G are almost exactly the same size.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeven View Post
I don't see the problem with having a larger-sized video player if you are religious. There are plenty of Bible apps and religious content on many platforms.

Getting a decent small player that does video well is harder though. they tend to be expensive like Cowon or Sony or Apple models.
well the large ones look Very Much like an Iphone or other Smartphones and it looks like you're surfing the net... so don't want that... but listen dude: I HAD small one with like 2 inch screen it was WAY enough for the once in a million years that i need the video for... so its fine... and the price is also not a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
The sansa fuze and ipod nano 3G are almost exactly the same size.
cool i'll check that sansa fuze (it has video right?) thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post

dude i checked those they R way too big almost 10 cm i need like the one i had 66 mm or so the nano 3 is 70... i'll check the sansa fuze mentioned above. thanks!

na the sansa fuze is almost 80 mm i think i'll buy the nano 3 and thats it i see its the only option that's 70 mm or lower with video and a good brand...
(i HATE itunes

Last edited by skip252; 11-08-2012 at 04:57 PM. Reason: posts merged, please use the edit function for cosecutive posts

Old 11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That Nano is probably better for video than the Fuze....I was never impressed with the Fuze's screen for video, plus it could be tricky to get video to work on it.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
That Nano is probably better for video than the Fuze....I was never impressed with the Fuze's screen for video, plus it could be tricky to get video to work on it.
ok, umm if the video is better cool. the tricky doesn't bother me its usually a program that coverts it no biggie. thanks.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi the breslever View Post
ok, umm if the video is better cool. the tricky doesn't bother me its usually a program that coverts it no biggie. thanks.
The problem with the Fuze was finding something that actually could convert the video to be usable on the Fuze. There were a couple of programs that users created , which you may or may not be able to find now.....but the fact remains that the Fuze screen simply isn't very good.

I think the more popular one was called video4fuze, but I can't be 100% sure...skip252 can probably verify that.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi the breslever View Post
is that you in the picture?
That's actor Jason Mewes.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
The Nano 3rd generation was discontinued 4 years ago, so it is unlikely to find one with a battery that holds a decent charge. I guess if you can buy one that works cheap enough, then you could pay to have the battery replaced.
[snipped for space]
Just so happens I just purchased a couple of Nano 3rd Gens from a well known auction site, just a short time ago. Both units were refurbished, with new batteries and backs. Both have given me about 25 HRs. of playing time before needing a charge, so no complaints here.

There are tons of Nano 3rd Gens floating around with many of them being refurbished to perform almost like new. If the OP thinks that a Nano 3G will fit their needs, I see no problem obtaining a quality unit, if you look hard enough.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
The problem with the Fuze was finding something that actually could convert the video to be usable on the Fuze. There were a couple of programs that users created , which you may or may not be able to find now.....but the fact remains that the Fuze screen simply isn't very good.

I think the more popular one was called video4fuze, but I can't be 100% sure...skip252 can probably verify that.
ok good to know! thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skamp View Post
That's actor Jason Mewes.
woa that's the dude from jay & silent bob... would never recognize him like that with short hair and he looks different now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post
Just so happens I just purchased a couple of Nano 3rd Gens from a well known auction site, just a short time ago. Both units were refurbished, with new batteries and backs. Both have given me about 25 HRs. of playing time before needing a charge, so no complaints here.

There are tons of Nano 3rd Gens floating around with many of them being refurbished to perform almost like new. If the OP thinks that a Nano 3G will fit their needs, I see no problem obtaining a quality unit, if you look hard enough.
ok GREAT! i'll get me 1 of those then! thanks for all the replies i'm astonished (is that a word u can use and not sound like a dork?) XD

Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM

It looks like they're selling the type of mp3 player he wants on Newegg at the moment, though the brands are not quality. (coby, eclipse, etc) At least they have a good return policy!

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,

Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Some things aren't worth it at any price. Until recently i just thought of them as a waste of money. After this post by Yuki http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...7&postcount=12 I prefer not to have them in the house at all.

The best return policy around won't do any good if the battery suddenly dies after the return period is over. It also won't do you any good if it catches fire during charging, releases it's toxins and poisons you.

I've experienced several of the no names. Part of me hopes that one will make the breakthrough and put out a product worth recommending. Hasn't happened so far. They all seem to be being put out of the same place with different names on them.

Bad build quality, short battery life and buggy firmware are standard equipment. Why buy a almost guaranteed headache when a little time researching and a few more dollars will get you a product you should be able to enjoy for the long haul?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM

I found this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?EdpNo=1345330

Old 11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'd sell you my 16gb Cowon D2+,...but I think it might be too big for your usage. It would definitely give you some great sq, and you'd get neRd cred!!!

Old 11-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Headlines from the negative reviews of what you found.
Quote:
Absolute waste of time and money

not sure yet can't get it to play more then 2 song

Just stopped working!

bad manufacturer

Piece of junk

Troubled operation, and it was a refurb, too.
Why don't you buy one and review it for us? Seems as if it's good enough to post a link, it would be something you would want to be able to give a personal recommendation.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 PM

That thing just looks bad - a complete - and potentially dangerous - waste of 30 bucks.

I had a look at a cheap mp3/mp4 player in a shop recently, I don't think it was a Sumvision, (that brand actually isn't too bad, some of the time), but on this particular DAP I couldn't even activate the screen icons - it was resistive, and no matter how much I mashed the screen I couldn't get it to perform any operation, (it wasn't the hold switch) just a really poor no-name player.

Old 11-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sky View Post
Clearly a rather ghetto rip-off of the last generation Nano....a waste of time.