android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Miscellaneous Tech > Anythingbutipad

Old 11-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Default Microsoft reportedly working on a 7-inch Xbox Surface tablet

Here’s an interesting rumor: According to one of The Verge’s unnamed sources, Microsoft is working on a 7-inch Xbox-branded Surface tablet. This rumor isn’t all that far-fetched, given that the Surface is Microsoft’s new premium hardware brand, and it isn’t the first time we’ve heard this rumor either.

The Xbox Surface reportedly features an ARM processor – or possibly one of Intel’s System-on-a-Chip (SoC) designs with a custom Windows kernel. While the device will most likely support entertainment and messaging features, gaming will be the primary focus.

Apple recently introduced a 7-inch iPad Mini to compete with the numerous 7-inch Android tablets like the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD. But, at the moment, there are no Windows-based tablets available in that size.

Do you think Microsoft is planning an Xbox Surface? And, more importantly, would you pick one up?

[The Verge]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2012, 04:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm happy with my Android tablet, and my Windows 7 desktop and laptop. No Surface for me, in either size.