android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Software & Media > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2012, 11:32 AM

Default Growing to Love Media Monkey and Sansa Clip+

Got some time off to mess around with a Rockbox Clip+ and Media Monkey.

There is so much depth to both MM and Rockbox. I am taking the time today to try to figure it all out.

Media Monkey: It has never been so easy to manage and edit music. I have used Sonic Stage, WinAmp, Itunes. I was forced to use it since my clip isn't recognized by WinAmp, good thing. It was pretty easy to get around and edit. My impression is so far is that it might be the best Media Player/interface I have yet to use. There still is a lot to learn on utilizing the player to its full potential but I have time. This is gonna be fun.

Rockbox Clip: While this is old new to many Clip users. I just never had the time to mess around with Rockbox. I have spend some time figuring out how to clear previous databases not much but some time. The only issue is the Themes. With my failing eyesight smaller themes have the detail I can need but can read well. Larger themes are a challenge to me since I don't really know Rockbox that well as of yet. The real challenge is the Yellow/Blue screen of a Clip +...for me it is difficult to read. I have Rockboxed any other player but thinking of Rockboxing the Clip Zip to see if that helps.

The tweaks that you can do with a Rockbox Clip really makes the Clip sing. I don't think I have heard a better sounding Clip or player for that matter. I know this may sound like a neophyte but then again I am a neophyte when it comes to Rockbox.

In short this has made me fall in love with a old clip.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
clip, media players, rockbox, sansa