android
Old 10-07-2011, 09:50 PM

Default Anyone purchase the X-Fi 3?

No thread for this player yet, and just wondering if anyone has forced themselves to buy this thing. Would have been nicer to get a quality player with al the features we desire, and a decent screen. Why do Creative churn out so many players that are hit and miss(mostly miss, Since the Vision:W? Well really since the Vision:M, but Vision:W was the last quality product i believe they ever made. Seems like ever since they went to flash memory vs HDD, their product line has turned to shite.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-09-2011, 02:15 PM

i think the xfi 2 is better. i dont have the xfi 3 but it doesnt look worthwhile getting. go for xfi 2

Old 10-11-2011, 08:00 PM

Yeah, I already own the X-Fi 2, and i do like it, but not as much as the Vision:M. Just wondering if anyone swallowed that little thing yet. Until Creative gets back to their roots, then i will not buy another one, unless it is an older model, like the Vision:W.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:08 PM

The X-FI 2 is better in my opinion. besides i got my player last year and transferring files over would be a pain.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:57 PM

Does anyone actually play a lot of video on PMPs, I sure don't? If you have a large screen tv or a laptop , why would you ever watch a movie on a 2 or 3 inch screen? With smart phones and other portable devices, there are only a few good reasons to own a stand alone PMP, and playing video is NOT one of them.

PMPs are about portability, price, battery life, ease of use, and above all, sound quailty.
Who even cares about the screen? Getting a full length movie to play on a PMP frequently requires a lot of time and effort. To me, screen quality is one of the least important specs for a PMP.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:33 AM

My wife plays only videos on her ZEN 32GB, and loves it. They are music videos, and she watches them while working out on the treadmill. I had "The Hangover" on my XFI-2, and watched it constantly while in downtime/slow work at my last job, because it was easier to hide the ZEN than my Iphone. WE were not alloowed phones with camera's/recording devices on them at my job(federal), so the ZEN, although can record audio( i never used it), was easier to explain, if i did get caught(which i never did). Although the video quality on the XFI-2 was not as great as the Vision:M, it did the job decently for a standard def video player.

I also wish Creative would allow you to shuffle/DJ music videos, so you don't have to constantly,manually, select and hit play on another video, when a previous one is finished playing(Like you can with MP3's).

Old 10-24-2011, 06:38 AM

Just a quick note to MOD's - could we start a forum for the XFI-3 please? I know this might be laughable, since the XFI-3 is really not noteworthy, but for consistency on the Creative forums, we should have the player in the category for those who may have questions/answers to those who succumbed to buying one. = P Thank's in advance.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:59 PM

No problem.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:48 AM

Had my X-Fi2 for a year now, and am not tempted by the X-Fi3. I play videos nearly as much as audio, including language tuition & music vids from YouTube, and am still very impressed by the quality. With decent reading glasses, it's perfectly watchable and ultra-portable. I don't want to lug a laptop down to the pub. The screen on X-fi3 looks too small, and the player too thick. If my present player got lost, bust or stolen, I'd probably get the same again. (Suppose I'm easily pleased, but it all seems pretty clever stuff compared with the 14lb mono tape recorder which was all I had when a teenager in the early 1960s...).

Old 10-27-2011, 01:35 AM

Not me and I'll most likely never buy one.

The last Creative DAP I owned was a Creative Zen 2GB,it was quite nice and I actually did love using the little thing because it was the most durable thing I've ever owned,it lasted through SO much abuse for years and always worked.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammaniaclord View Post
No thread for this player yet, and just wondering if anyone has forced themselves to buy this thing.
Is it even being sold? It's not on Creative's own store at all, and Amazon shows it out of stock. Doesn't look impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy View Post
i think the xfi 2 is better. i dont have the xfi 3 but it doesnt look worthwhile getting. go for xfi 2
It doesn't even seem to be anything like the X-Fi2. I wonder if Creative will make any other devices that can run Lua programs or if that experiment ended with the X-Fi2.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:54 PM

I've had my X-Fi2 for a smidge over a year now. When I saw the X-Fi3 on the main page of this site I was surprised and intrigued. After reading about it and watching a video on YouTube, I was disappointed to say the least. I quite like my X-Fi2. Not seeing anything real interesting with the X-Fi3. It looks rather blocky to me. Looks like Creative regressed on this one in some sort of attempt to imitate the iPod Nano.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:59 PM

I own a Zen MX and a Zen X-Fi2. I thoroughly enjoy the X-Fi2, the screen is very good, and the sound is fantastic. People scared off by the resistive screen on the X-Fi2 will never know what a great PMP they missed owning.

That said, lets take a look at the X-Fi3. I DON'T own an X-fi3 so my information is second hand. Reportedly, THE FLASH MEMORY CARD IS FULLY INTEGRATED IN TO THE MAIN MEMORY, AT LAST!!! Creative has really got beaten up over this, so it's good that it is finally fixed. Everybody has a cell phone, so the Personal Information Manager is GONE on the X-Fi3.

If you don't use the screen much for video or pictures, smaller is better. My Zen V plus was my favorite Zen device for form. You could wear it around your neck or stick it in a small pocket. The X-F3 might be a very handy size. The unit has Xi-Fi, which in my opinion, really does improve the music. It has an external volume control, whch the X-Fi2 did not.

In brief, I would say that Creative finally listened to customers. This unit appears to answer a number of criticisms make about recent Creative PMPs. If I didn't have a shiny new X-Fi2 I would be very interested in the X-Fi3.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Got this in my email today. I for one am interested solely for the apt-x bluetooth counterpart (to test with my creative s2 and d5 speakers).

Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

also available for it is these accessories:
http://au.store.creative.com/enterta...948-20973.aspx

If the 32 gb + 32-64gb sd card intergrates well into it I might be tempted. BUT i feel i would better spend my money on this:

http://www.themp3outletstore.com.au/...h-adapter.html

and use with the sansa clips i already have.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
If the 32 gb + 32-64gb sd card intergrates well into it I might be tempted..
No, it doesn't - Creative still didn't get that right.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Zapp ^^ recommends it does, he wrong ya rekon?

Old 04-25-2012, 04:01 AM

Hmm, maybe I did something wrong then, when I tried it. Or maybe I'm just not used to the annoying database browsing. Can't verify it, the X-Fi3 has been long gone already.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

"long gone" u had it? u flog it?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 AM

Nah, I borrowed it from a friend, mainly for testing APT-X. APT-X works, but the horrible firmware makes it mostly useless - you have to re-enable Bluetooth manually after each start by digging into a system menu. Here's my short impressions of the X-Fi3: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67929