android
Old 10-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave61430 View Post
I think when someone has reached the level of difficulty you seem to be experiencing with this product, it's time to dump it and get something else. The reason you were seeing so many positive comments is because the people posting were able to achieve satisfactory performance by merely following the recommended procedures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
Some people and technology just don't play well together. But, the fault could still be in the files you're using.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 PM

i know its not me because my other player played the songs just fine. this is just a $40 dollar player so i am going to get another one. my other player cost almost 200 dollars so its better than the zip clip, but its old. thats why i got the zip clip and i can't afford a more expensive player right now.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Return the clipzip, and get another one.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kitties View Post
i know its not me because my other player played the songs just fine.
Sorry, but while that may seem like a logical assumption and argument, it is without validity. There's a lot of things one device may do that another will not, regardless of price.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 AM

I don't get a thing: why would you people bother to answer this guy when he's clearly not wanting to get help? Just leave him alone, he should've gone to the sandisk forums to complain, not here.

You know, people who just complain and don't want help don't deserve to be helped.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbomb View Post
I don't get a thing: why would you people bother to answer this guy when he's clearly not wanting to get help? Just leave him alone, he should've gone to the sandisk forums to complain, not here.

You know, people who just complain and don't want help don't deserve to be helped.
Ssshhhh . . . don't give him any ideas!

Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, leave HER alone please. Time to act adult, if possible.

(Yes, I'm saying this,...)

Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbomb View Post

And then several of the same people would have responded in exactly the same way.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Time to act adult, if possible.

(Yes, I'm saying this,...)

Old 11-04-2012, 05:47 PM

awww thanks. i am trying. i do want help, thats why i AM telling you whats wrong.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Administrator

You're saying there's a problem but you aren't giving enough information for anyone to help you solve that problem. From the link in my sig
Quote:
Be precise and informative about your problem

Describe the symptoms of your problem or bug carefully and clearly.

Describe the environment in which it occurs (machine, OS, application, whatever). Provide your vendor's distribution and release level (e.g.: “Fedora Core 7”, “Slackware 9.1”, etc.).

Describe the research you did to try and understand the problem before you asked the question.

Describe the diagnostic steps you took to try and pin down the problem yourself before you asked the question.

Describe any possibly relevant recent changes in your computer or software configuration.

If at all possible, provide a way to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment.

Do the best you can to anticipate the questions a hacker will ask, and answer them in advance in your request for help.

Giving hackers the ability to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment is especially important if you are reporting something you think is a bug in code. When you do this, your odds of getting a useful answer and the speed with which you are likely to get that answer both improve tremendously.
He speaks of hackers but that's just a generic term for anyone that's working on software or hardware. An example would be the Rockbox developers would be considered hackers under his use of the word.

Add more information according to those guidelines and there's a fair chance someone will be able to help. We aren't all making it up when we say it works well for us.

Be aware that mp3 files that work on one player may not work on another. They can almost always be made to work universally but it usually takes some effort and additional software.

At a minimum I would update the firmware. There's instructions and a link to where to download the latest firmware here, http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=64931. If that doesn't help, gather the needed information and post it. Until you give us something more that what you have there's not much anyone can offer.