android
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 PM

Default sansa 280 frozen in rockbox

hey my e280 is frozen for some odd reason. i connected it to my computer and on the screen it shows usb keypad mode: multimedia and when i disconnected it, it shows the same thing and i cant get it to turn off or respond. what do i do?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Administrator

Holding the power button will turn it off. It may take 30 seconds or more.

"In Rockbox" doesn't say much. What build is installed? What where you doing immediately before you disconnected? Did you safely disconnect? Have you used whatever in built drive checking facility your OS provides to check for file problems?

The more details you supply, the more likely it is you'll get meaningful responses.

Last edited by skip252; 10-08-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:38 PM

tried the power button and it worked no problem. i am using the latest build and i was changing settings for the resume playback when i disconnected it and it froze. yes i did disconnect it properly

Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfguy17 View Post
tried the power button and it worked no problem. i am using the latest build and i was changing settings for the resume playback when i disconnected it and it froze. yes i did disconnect it properly
You had it connected to the comp while changing settings??? Oh brother,...you really didn't do that, did you???

Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Making changes to the settings while connected to the computer shouldn't be a problem. I frequently do that with my Rockboxed players while they are connected in USB charging mode. I usually just play music that way, but you should be able make changes to the settings or do any of the things you would do if it wasn't connected to a PC.

BTW, when you post what build you're using it's better to list the version number. You can find that info under Main Menu=>System=>Rockbox Info.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:38 AM

ok i will thanks. i had another question but didnt want to make a new thread about it since i am in my own thread as it is. i was wondering if i could change the screen of when the player is connected to the computer. i have a different theme but that doesnt change that specific screen

Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Administrator

You can mix and match different WPS (While Playing Screens) and themes.http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...ml#x12-1580009

You're looking for the options under "While Playing Screen". Be sure you have any fonts installed needed for the both the WPS and theme you want to use. If you don't, either the WPS or the rest of the theme won't display properly.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:25 AM

its not the WPS where all the track info is that i want to change (i dont think) its the screen right when u connect it (shows a USB plug) that i want to change.

is it easy to do or a pain?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 AM

Psychic WalkGood or should I say clairvoyant sees another 11+ page thread in the works

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 AM

haha u wish. well now that u mention it hmmmmm....

Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfguy17 View Post
haha u wish. well now that u mention it hmmmmm....
Well you picked the right site, there is loads of information on the e200 series here and on the rockbox site. Unfortunately we lost our e200 series mod a few years back before all of the information was re-arranged/cleaned up for easier access but once you start reading it, I think you’ll agree with me that everything is covered there.

Even if some of the info isn’t appropriate for you yet, it will certainly let you know things you may need down the line. Personally I think the e200 series are really cool players and you’ve re-animated me to start playing with mine again so what you waiting for start reading and if you have questions you can post them here.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Administrator

AFAIK, that image is part of the build itself. If I'm right that would mean you would have to pull the source code, make the changes there, then compile your own build.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
AFAIK, that image is part of the build itself. If I'm right that would mean you would have to pull the source code, make the changes there, then compile your own build.
In other words, most likely a bit beyond your scope of expertise. Live with it; everyone else does.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:14 PM

ok np. just thought maybe it was easy to change