View Poll Results: vote for the next DB president
Obama 15 42.86%
Romney 11 31.43%
Neither 9 25.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
It doesn’t matter and for your information neither does your opinion or vote, did you vote for bush cause that’s the only way he could have won

You call trading backing for campaign money gambling, read the facts then comment as you’re showing ignorance.

The feeling is mutual …

You really think you vote counts, again that’s why bush must have won lol. IMO voting for either is just as irresponsible, at least I tell others my feelings about the crooks, hopefully one day we will have an honest candidate

Edit: It’s funny, if you’re for Romney you’re rude to them, when someone tells you that they’re abstaining because Obama sucks too you treat them with the same disrespect as the Romney backer. Funny how politics divide and concur the people, that’s why I dislike both parties … btw do you act the same way when someone disagrees with any of your views? *rhetorical question*

We live in a a democracy, so yes, votes matter. Only a handful of times has the president won without the popular vote, and that is unfortunate but not much of a reason to give up entirely. I didn't vote for bush because I was 8.

Can you provide me some proof of that exact statement? - I would like to read about it.

When did that happen? I think you are imagining things. I think not voting may be worse that voting for Romney. A least then you are participating. I don't understand how someone can be so cynical and yet so unrealistic. Not voting for a "crook" isn't going to lead to a saint being elected, sorry.

Rhetorical questions are great, you can insinuate something about someone and then tell them not to respond. You have a point though - I have some very strong opinions. It's usually only because I can't even begin to wrap my head around the opposing view. . . can you convince me we are no longer in a democracy? In my view It may be flawed but it does exist and is something worth participating in.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-07-2012, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post
We live in a a democracy, so yes, votes matter. …
Keep telling yourself that … since it is a democracy I have the right to opt out of voting when I choose. What business is it of yours, oh yea you're going to insult me, who cares.

Quote:
Only a handful of times has the president won without the popular vote, and that is unfortunate but not much of a reason to give up entirely.
I vote when I think one of the two candidates is deserving, not in this case. I don’t know what you’re all huffy about, I don’t have any doubt that Osama Obama will win. Oh maybe it’s because you take offense that I do not like Obama, fear not I don’t like the other guy either, thus neither deserves my vote

Quote:
I didn't vote for bush because I was 8.
I figured that out from your 1st post where you stated "I'm 20, so this is my first time voting," you missed my *rolleyes* sarcasm.

Quote:
Can you provide me some proof of that exact statement? - I would like to read about it.
Just google “Solyndra” and its various issues, a criminal investigation of the company by the Department of Justice is still underway. Although there are other issues and IMO this one's probably minor (by minor I mean issue for Obama) as similar has been done before and I'm sure Obama stayed on the sidelines so as not to take any heat. But mark my words presidents never get in much trouble, just look at Nixon and his free pass or others that have committed crimes. Besides pandering for money is the presidential way, if you give enough hopefully the president will return the favor in more ways than one

Quote:
… I think not voting may be worse that voting for Romney. A least then you are participating. I don't understand how someone can be so cynical and yet so unrealistic. Not voting for a "crook" isn't going to lead to a saint being elected, sorry.
Simple I don’t like what either of them stands for and you’re entitled to your own opinion. Unrealistic, lol I wash my hands of them ...

Quote:
Rhetorical questions are great, you can insinuate something about someone and then tell them not to respond. You have a point though - I have some very strong opinions. It's usually only because I can't even begin to wrap my head around the opposing view. . .
Quote:
Edit: It’s funny, if you’re for Romney you’re rude to them, when someone tells you that they’re abstaining because Obama sucks too you treat them with the same disrespect as the Romney backer. Funny how politics divide and concur the people, that’s why I dislike both parties … [bold]btw do you act the same way when someone disagrees with any of your views? *rhetorical question*[/bold]
I think you’re reply proves my point, when someone doesn’t see eye to eye with your view you seem to get upset …

Quote:
can you convince me we are no longer in a democracy?
WTF are you talking about …

Quote:
In my view It may be flawed but it does exist and is something worth participating in.
Not sure what you’re worried about, 99.99% of the time the incumbent wins.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-08-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeys View Post
I hope Obama wins. That Romney is a vile person, and I have no idea why someone would vote for him willingly. IMO the US will go backwards if Romney gets in.

I dislike the fact that you have a choice whether you want to vote or not - mandatory voting makes the majority of the population at least think about the policies and what is going on, and if they don't take it seriously, end up doing a donkey vote.
I couldn't agree more.....

Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Default Douche or Turd Sandwich

I can not with a clear conscience vote for any candidate that vote for, supported, enabled, or benefit from the criminal (unconstitutional bail out)!

Both candidates promise to raise taxes. Both are promising to reduce spending but haven't explained in details how. Thanks but not thanks.

My resolution on all other offices is to vote the incumbents out!

Term limits for everyone.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:23 AM

Check this out: The chronicles of Romney's lies, in 27 "volumes"!!!1!

http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/20...vol-xxvii?lite

Edit: The link above is old. Here's the latest, volume 37:
http://maddowblog.msnbc.com/_news/20...ol-xxxvii?lite

Also check this interesting article, about the concept of "lazy lies".

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/22/mitt_romney_lazy_liar/

And, as a Canadian, I must say that I am a little scared when I hear a potential USA president say that God wants the USA to dominate the world (check the video below)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlj...t-century_news

I am even more scared knowing that about half of the US voters will vote for Romney.

Democracy is pointless without well informed and well educated citizens... The "lazy lies" thing mentionned above may work...

Last edited by JSV; 10-09-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Old 10-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSV View Post
Democracy is pointless without well informed and well educated citizens... The "lazy lies" thing mentionned above may work...
Fox News is doing their level best to make sure the citizens are falsely informed. In fact, maybe I should call it what it really is.....

Old 10-09-2012, 01:47 AM

Oh man, writing about Romney here, I remembered this thing. Old, maybe, but so funny!

http://youtu.be/m5T3ADlThbs

Old 10-09-2012, 07:37 AM

Quote:
… And, as a Canadian, I must say that I am a little scared when I hear a potential USA president say that God wants the USA to dominate the world (check the video below) …
I’d run, Canada is the first place he’ll invade, he’ll probably start out by bombing your house first

BTW which one of these two idiots (presidential candidates) is talking about opening up free trade with Canada and South America

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-09-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:

Also check this interesting article, about the concept of "lazy lies".

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/22/mitt_romney_lazy_liar/

And, as a Canadian, I must say that I am a little scared when I hear a potential USA president say that God wants the USA to dominate the world (check the video below)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlj...t-century_news

I am even more scared knowing that about half of the US voters will vote for Romney.

Romney is no worse than Stephen Harper - but that's still pretty bad.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:

JSV, you can't go after Rachael Maddow's blog because she is so far left that if there is a left field fence, she would be standing on top of the fence.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I dislike the fact that you have a choice whether you want to vote or not - mandatory voting makes the majority of the population at least think about the policies and what is going on, and if they don't take it seriously, end up doing a donkey vote.
The US system with the electoral college makes people feel their vote is worthless if they live in a state that sides heavily with one party or the other. If you want to maximize voter turnout in all states, then imo the electoral system should be abolished, and the winner should be chosen by popular vote.

"Except in closely fought swing states, voter turnout is largely insignificant due to entrenched political party domination in most states. The Electoral College decreases the advantage a political party or campaign might gain for encouraging voters to turn out, except in those swing states.[78] If the presidential election were decided by a national popular vote, in contrast, campaigns and parties would have a strong incentive to work to increase turnout everywhere.[79] Individuals would similarly have a stronger incentive to persuade their friends and neighbors to turn out to vote. The differences in turnout between swing states and non-swing states under the current electoral college system suggest that replacing the Electoral College with direct election by popular vote would likely increase turnout and participation significantly.[78]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elector...(United_States)

Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Obama deployed Big Bird ad Tuesday mocking Romney’s comment to end federal funding for public broadcasting. While the video below isn't the ad he released, I find it funnier BTW “Sesame Street,” asked that the ad be taken down and IMO they're right ...

Old 10-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Doesn't this explain why so many people are disgusted with politicians: a former governor not respecting, and indeed dissing, a person who is, in the end, the President of the U.S.; and the President, unfortunately, dissing a U.S. citizen, who is accomplished in public service and otherwise, right back. Like children in a sandbox. And infinitely more shameful.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Doesn't this explain why so many people are disgusted with politicians: a former governor not respecting, and indeed dissing, a person who is, in the end, the President of the U.S.; and the President, unfortunately, dissing a U.S. citizen, who is accomplished in public service and otherwise, right back. Like children in a sandbox. And infinitely more shameful.
Wow just how I feel, I wish more people thought/felt the same. I'm dying to see some candidate come along one day and reply let the other guy play dirty politics and let me tell you why I want to become your next president; so I can balance the budget, create employment, etc., etc. ect. ...

Well said Mikerman

Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeven View Post
Romney is no worse than Stephen Harper - but that's still pretty bad.
Romney and Harper might be quite alike, but Canada and the USA are very different.

Harper at the head of Canada is like a kid playing with a BB gun. Romney at the head of the USA would be like a kid playing with a bazooka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
JSV, you can't go after Rachael Maddow's blog because she is so far left that if there is a left field fence, she would be standing on top of the fence.
It doesnt matter where she stands on the left-right scale, because she is using facts from reliable sources against Romney.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
It doesnt matter where she stands on the left-right scale, because she is using facts from reliable sources against Romney.
All right then, I counter with this:

Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 PM

Quote:
I hope Obama wins. That Romney is a vile person, and I have no idea why someone would vote for him willingly. IMO the US will go backwards if Romney gets in.

I'm just wondering why you think Romney is such a bad person. Can you explain?

Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
All right then, I counter with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg9m1F8B2_c
Where are the sources?

Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Where are the sources?
Not sure because I displayed that mostly for humerous purposes.Bbut, here is one of his lies from a more reliable source:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ty-for-Deficit

Old 10-10-2012, 07:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Not sure because I displayed that mostly for humerous purposes.Bbut, here is one of his lies from a more reliable source:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ty-for-Deficit
That site seems just as far right as Rachel Maddow is far left.....just sayin'.
Certainly its founder was.