View Poll Results: vote for the next DB president
Obama 15 42.86%
Romney 11 31.43%
Neither 9 25.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 AM

Default U.S. Election 2012

Propaganda!

I'm 20, so this is my first time voting. I already voted. It's not like there's even a choice given how insane the Republican Party has become. So what did you think of the first debate? I actually thought Obama did pretty good (but I'm alone in this apparently). He at least tried to call out Romney's BS about his tax plan and highlighted the fact that he won't accept $1 in taxes for the wealthy per $10 in spending cuts. Without a balanced approach we're fucked. The best parts were when Romney used that nazi line about repeating a lie that clearly applies to his campaign more than Obama's. Remember "our campaign will not be dictated by fact checkers"? Another great part was when Romney said we need to repeal the Dodd-Frank bill, which was a toothless bill meant to prevent another financial disaster. We need more regulation not less! The scary thing is some people actually seem to buy this shit because the polls have shifted slightly in states like Florida and North Carolina towards Romney, giving Obama a smaller lead in estimated electoral votes. I guess Obama will have to be more aggressive in the next debate because the facts don't seem to matter, only how you convey your message.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 AM

Wake up and smell the roses, both of them are crooks just as their parties are. Take a serious look at them when not in the public eye … BTW I can see this thread going bad as politics & religion are two very heated topics with most folks. As far as I’m concerned it’s my opinion that this country needs a better new leader. Either someone young and aggressive not yet corrupted or a women who is probably less likely to get corrupted by the 2 party system.

Poll added and if this thread gets out of hand, we’ll have to close it. Anarchy ftw and flat tax for all

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

I think we need a change. Obama did little to get us out of the mess that he inherited. I know it was a big mess he inherited but he promised there would be major change and so far I did not see much of it. Romney is a business man, and altough he can be considered out of touch with middle class people because of his wealth, he seems to concentrate on this area. Not that sure if he will be successful but I think we need to get away from "big government" control and pass that off to smaller staff who can target it much better.

In the poll I voted for neither.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Two crappy alternatives (as usual). The two party system stinks. A choice of ugh, or yuck.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:28 AM

I like both of your responses

I did want to point out one thing musichound, Obama is the same as Romney, rich and it’s like one black kettle calling the other black ... "I want to help the middle class," BS he didn’t even help his half brother George. While not all rich are that cheap, I’m betting both these guys are

Old 10-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood
I did want to point out one thing musichound, Obama is the same as Romney, rich and it’s like one black kettle calling the other black ... "[I
I want to help the middle class[/I]," BS he didn’t even help his half brother George. While not all rich are that cheap, I’m betting both these guys are
I agree. They are not too far apart from each other and they will say whatever they can to get our votes. I recall working in a firm and overheard one of the supervisors say to another supervisor "Say what they want to hear" This campaign fits that quote perfectly.

Last edited by musichound; 10-06-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Romney is a WASP who is completely out of touch with other humans.

Obama has his faults but deserves another 4 years in my opinion.

Edit: Romney may have some Mormon in him but he's still barely human.

Last edited by Jeven; 10-06-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:57 AM

Obama is no crook. He's a politician that speaks in half truths. He may be a rich elite but he's not Mitt Romney rich (not even close). More change is necessary but Mitt Romney is not the change we need. We need to go in the opposite direction. The fact is we need more government control. Lack of government control is what led to the financial crisis. I'm not crazy about the two party system either but it is what we are stuck with and not voting or equating the two of them is stupid IMO. There is a marked difference between them, or perhaps more notably between the parties behind them. :S

Please don't say that a man that made hundreds of millions basically destroying jobs and wants to shift the tax burden onto everyone but people like him is the same as Obama - it's crazy.

Last edited by Satellite_6; 10-06-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Neither!!! When all is said & done they can BOTH go suck an azz!!! But, since I have no choice in the matter,....I voted Obama last time. What I vote this time around I haven't finalized yet. They're both crap, and Obama is too busy going on talk shows to get more popularity with the people than being in touch with real issues. And Romney is all about the 53% he can get votes from.

Face it, either way we SCREWED - AS USUAL!!!

Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The current President is not perfect, but the idea of voting for Romney just boggles the mind.

Did Obama do everything he promised? No, but a portion of that is due to obstruction by the opposition's party. Has he done everything I wanted to see him do? Absolutely not.

At this point, I'd have to say my vote goes to Obama, as the lesser of two evils. How anyone could consider voting for Romney, who changes positions when it is convenient, is beyond me.

Exhibit A: They say, "don't raise the taxes on the 'job creators' if you want the economy to rebound". Well, these so-called "job creators" (and that phrase makes me angry every time I hear it uttered) have had the fabled Bush tax cuts now for over a decade, and I don't see them creating all these jobs of which they speak....

Exhibit B: the assault on the women's bodies.
For all their "small government is better" talk, they want the government to monitor every woman to be sure there is no abortion performed, regardless of the circumstances. If the woman was raped by someone, even a family member, they still expect the baby to be born.

They have an issue with contraceptive measures being covered by healthcare, even though

A: many women "on the pill" are on it for other reasons than just contraception.

B: Contraception would (surprise!) result in a lot fewer abortions and teen pregnancies.

So yeah, even though I have my reservations about the current President's performance in his first term, I will vote for him again, if for no other reason than to keep Romney from winning the election.

One last thought....Romney has millions stashed in the Cayman Islands and Switzerland, to avoid taxes....where did Obama invest a lot of his money from the book sales? After setting up college funds for his daughters, in Treasury bonds.....so in effect he invested in America (at certainly a much lower rate of return), instead of trying to hide his earnings from Uncle Sam.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
... instead of trying to hide his earnings from Uncle Sam.
If you really believe that, you're off base ... they all hide something including money. Probably not the book sale profits and certainly not anything during his presidency but before and after it's business as usual

Edit: Like I said before Anarchy and flat tax ftw! Fuck these two guys I'm not voting and I doubt it would make any difference.
Edit2: BTW according to our poll so far Obama's got it so what are you worrying about
Edit3:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satellite_6 View Post
Obama is no crook. He's a politician that speaks in half truths. …
What do you call a politician who gives one half Billion dollars in taxpayer money to a money losing company owned by someone who collected five hundred thousand dollars for your campaign war chest? They're both crooks

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-06-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
What do you call a politician who gives one half Billion dollars in taxpayer money to a money losing company owned by someone who collected five hundred thousand dollars for your campaign war chest? They're both crooks
Oh, you are referring to Solyndra, the solar panel company. What a waste of our money!

Old 10-06-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
Oh, you are referring to Solyndra, the solar panel company. What a waste of our money!
heh and you didn't let him figure it out on his own. That's just one, there's other examples as you well know;"green" companies that are getting billions with Obama political connections. Isn’t this what Obama condemns as “crony capitalism?” They're both certainly crooks, funny thing is that Satellite_6 prefers to call it political half truths.

Edit: show me a politician that doesn't do these "political half truths" crooked deals and I'll show you someone I might vote for

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-06-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:42 PM

So you refuse to vote because the candidates aren't saints? You'll be waiting forever and your opinion will never matter. Gambling on green companies is necessary if we want to exist in the future. Good luck with your utterly pointless philosophy. I don't understand abstaining on such an important decision. It is irresponsible.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
So you refuse to vote because the candidates aren't saints? You'll be waiting forever and your opinion will never matter.
It doesn’t matter and for your information neither does your opinion or vote, did you vote for bush cause that’s the only way he could have won

Quote:
Gambling on green companies is necessary if we want to exist in the future.
You call trading backing for campaign money gambling, read the facts then comment as you’re showing ignorance.

Quote:
Good luck with your utterly pointless philosophy
The feeling is mutual …

Quote:
I don't understand abstaining on such an important decision. It is irresponsible.
You really think you vote counts, again that’s why bush must have won lol. IMO voting for either is just as irresponsible, at least I tell others my feelings about the crooks, hopefully one day we will have an honest candidate

Edit: It’s funny, if you’re for Romney you’re rude to them, when someone tells you that they’re abstaining because Obama sucks too you treat them with the same disrespect as the Romney backer. Funny how politics divide and concur the people, that’s why I dislike both parties … btw do you act the same way when someone disagrees with any of your views? *rhetorical question*

Last edited by WalkGood; 10-06-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:11 AM

I hope Obama wins. That Romney is a vile person, and I have no idea why someone would vote for him willingly. IMO the US will go backwards if Romney gets in.

I dislike the fact that you have a choice whether you want to vote or not - mandatory voting makes the majority of the population at least think about the policies and what is going on, and if they don't take it seriously, end up doing a donkey vote.
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 10-07-2012, 02:28 AM

I don't vote because I don't think I'm qualified. I haven't done research on either party (partly out of laziness, partly out of not caring), and personally life is going pretty good inside my bubble that I call reality. So unless shi** hits the fan or I get a real wake up call I think I happy enough being complacent.

I'm pretty sure I'm a terrible American, not wanting to vote because I'm too lazy to get informed & generally disinterested in the whole political system itself. Worse/best case scenario I move out of the country!

Just my 2¢

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,

Old 10-07-2012, 05:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Old 10-07-2012, 06:18 AM

Interesting non-partisan information for voters, budget information and all kinds of facts. Plus a 2012 presidential vote match quiz that picks your candidate look here.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:09 AM

Only once since 1932 (and probably a good while before) has the incumbent party failed to win a second term (Carter, 1980).

You can exclude George H Bush in 1992 because his party had won three elections in a row. For an incumbent not to win re-election he has to really screw up.