android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2016, 09:26 PM

Default Simple podcast and audiobook player for winter 2016/17, physical buttons and display?

I wonder if they still make something like this. I prefer the physical buttons so that I can operate controls easily with normal gloves. I realized smartphones has replaced the player for many, but for that, I need touchscreen gloves to operate in the winter. Good quality touchscreen gloves, indeed, which are harder to come by. Not to mention if the phone is metallic, rather than plastic, I better have a safety lanyard or something, so it won't slip out of my gloved hands.

Which brings me back to good old players with buttons. Sandisk has discontinued the popular Sansa Clip/+ series for no good reason. The iPod Shuffle and Nano do not fit my criteria: no display on the first, no buttons on the second. I prefer something small, like the Sansa Clip/+ (discontinued), or iPod Shuffle, maximum size is the Nano.

I wonder what else is out there? If, perhaps what you can best recommend is a Chinese something, Audible support is not 100% necessary in this day and age, I can, and indeed, I should DeDRM my audiobooks. I prefer buying something still in production, instead of paying for overpriced dead stocks on previous best selling items, overseas shipping. The Sandisk Sansa models currently in production suck, according to 1000+ Amazon reviews (so why do they make them, the bad ones, but not the good ones?).

Last edited by neutral; 09-14-2016 at 09:32 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]