Old 08-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Default Astell & Kern AK JR or Cowon Plenue M?

I currently have an ageing Cowon X7 that is becoming tiresome to use and a bit too bulky to carry around. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound quality, however it's using old technology and the touchscreen is horrible to work with.

As such, I'm looking at the two options in the thread title. I love the Cowon X7 for the fact it can drive most headphones to the absolute limit. When using my phone and turning the bass up, it will distort on a signal level at low volumes, whereas on the Cowon X7 distortion only happens when it's reached the physical capabilities of the driver in the headphones. That's what I'm looking for.

I can imagine the Cowon Plenue M can deliver that type of sound, but the question is, can the AK JR?

Aside from sound quality, my main other concern is storage capacity. Since MicroSD cards have come down in price recently, I want to buy a 128GB MicroSD card and use this to expand the internal capacity. Has anyone tried a 128GB card inside the AK JR?

At the moment are doing a bank holiday sale with 15% off of all items making the AK JR 340. Is it worth going for?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]