android
Old 09-23-2012, 12:37 PM

Default Clip+ can't recognize SD card. Rockbox can.

The Original Firmware can't see my 32GB SDHC card. When I plug my Clip+ in my PC, sometimes it recognizes the external SD card. Othertimes, Windows says it needs to be formatted, but I can't get it to format. Formating the card in the Sansa system preferences, or using my PC's card reader doesn't fix it (as in, OF can't use it). Sansa can use my 2GB SD card just fine. Rockbox can use my 32GD SDHC card just fine; my PC even recognizes the card when Rockbox is on.

Edit: Problem fixed. Used Easeus Partion Home Master -whatever- edition to format.

Last edited by motchmaster; 09-24-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have read about this issue with the ď+Ē series, are you running the latest firmware? If not you might want to test it out, IIRC there was a fix issued for some cards in the more recent fw releases but Iím not 100% sure. Iím using a class 6 SanDisk 32GB card and havenít seen this issue with it but my player is the Zip and Iíve barely ever used the OF as I rockboxed it out of the box to avoid booting to it

Side note; Iíve had the best success using the SD Associations format tool here and I use a card reader to do it without the player.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Is your card a class 10 card? Sandisk players have trouble with some class 10 cards. Try using a class 4 card.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Is your card a class 10 card? Sandisk players have trouble with some class 10 cards. Try using a class 4 card.
If that's the case I wouldn't spend any money on a new card, just use rockbox FTW, the OF sucks in comparison

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-24-2012, 12:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
If that's the case I wouldn't spend any money on a new card, just use rockbox FTW, the OF sucks in comparison
This ^^ is the answer.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
I have read about this issue with the ď+Ē series, are you running the latest firmware? If not you might want to test it out, IIRC there was a fix issued for some cards in the more recent fw releases but Iím not 100% sure. Iím using a class 6 SanDisk 32GB card and havenít seen this issue with it but my player is the Zip and Iíve barely ever used the OF as I rockboxed it out of the box to avoid booting to it

Side note; Iíve had the best success using the SD Associations format tool here and I use a card reader to do it without the player.
It is the latest firmware, I even tried an older firmware. That format tool didn't fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Yup, it's a class 10. Made by PNY. Worked before.

Quote:
I don't like Rockbox. I don't see it adding anything. Also, it lumps my podcasts and audiobooks together. I see that as a bigger annoyance than whatever sound quality improvment I might get.

Anyway. The problem is fixed. I used Easeus Partition Master Home Edition to format the card.