android
Old 01-16-2007, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nud3EskimoNinja View Post
I meant more wear and tear.
in my experience (all work/food related) touchscreens hold up well. it seems to have a layer of plastic which is durable. i'm sure it'll end up with some marks after some time, but that's to be expected.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

^The touch screen is awesome and worrysome at the same time. Perhaps the reason iriver made the clix with the screen/button deal going on instead of a TC... My DSlites screen is incredibly durable though. Hardcore sessions of MPH haven given it one blemish yet. If I get it (my allowance is 5$ a week..) ill find some sort of sleeve for it too while it is not in use.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin_Amigo14 View Post
in my experience (all work/food related) touchscreens hold up well. it seems to have a layer of plastic which is durable. i'm sure it'll end up with some marks after some time, but that's to be expected.
Perhaps I am a bit of a "traditionalist". I look at the D2 and feel the durability isn't on par with X5. I feel companies are cheaping out a bit. Mobile phones are a great example. The life span of a cell phone is about 2 years. After all the pressing and scratching they have to be replaced. Look at mp3 companies. I wonder if companies are building mp3s to have short (2 years) life spans then we (the consumer) have to buy a new product. No more user replacement batteries, cheaper plastic shells, etc. I spent about 300 Euro for my player without accesories. At 100 - 150 Euro a year for an mp3 player is a lot of money in my opinion.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Here it is: just the 2gb version so far.

http://www.jetmall.net/index.asp?Pag...ROD&ProdID=293

Old 01-17-2007, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nud3EskimoNinja View Post
Perhaps I am a bit of a "traditionalist". I look at the D2 and feel the durability isn't on par with X5. I feel companies are cheaping out a bit. Mobile phones are a great example. The life span of a cell phone is about 2 years. After all the pressing and scratching they have to be replaced. Look at mp3 companies. I wonder if companies are building mp3s to have short (2 years) life spans then we (the consumer) have to buy a new product. No more user replacement batteries, cheaper plastic shells, etc. I spent about 300 Euro for my player without accesories. At 100 - 150 Euro a year for an mp3 player is a lot of money in my opinion.
it's a possibility. i don't really mind, as the longest i've held one mp3 thus far is 7 months. and that's my current ZVM.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:16 PM

Does it has any compatibility problem?
I was told by Cowon's authorized dealer on ebay that it won't be able to play sd card larger than 2gb..
Correct me if im wrong..
Does it made of plastic? or some kinda metal?

Old 01-27-2007, 11:16 PM

what kind of compatibility problem are you talking about?

Cowon's authorized dealer is wrong. Cowon support told me 4gb cards (non-SDHC) will work. This has been verified by members on the iAudiophile boards.

Mine should be arriving soon, so I'll post some impressions upon its arrival.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin_Amigo14 View Post
what kind of compatibility problem are you talking about?

Cowon's authorized dealer is wrong. Cowon support told me 4gb cards (non-SDHC) will work. This has been verified by members on the iAudiophile boards.

Mine should be arriving soon, so I'll post some impressions upon its arrival.

"Any SD card will fit, but there are some compatibility issues with cards that are 4GB and up. We recommend that SD cards stay within 2GB for now and we will probably release a SDHC soon enough."

That's what I got for their replies. . .

So what if they are working on sdhc?

Then, what does all these means?

Old 01-28-2007, 03:46 PM

if SDHC support does become available on the D2, that means the device will accept all normal-sized SD cards, whether they are generic SD or SDHC. At the moment, it will only take SD cards with FAT16 or FAT32 storage. Which max out at 4gb of storage. I know Transcend, Patriot, and Ritek all offer SD cards which will 4gb of storage using FAT32.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:49 PM

Default D2 Rocks

I've had the D2 for a couple of weeks and am really happy with it, although there is a certain learning curve involved in using a touchscreen mp3 player after owning various other players. The sound, battery life, display, file format support, picture and video support and feature set are all excellent and way better than any previous mp3 player I've owned. As for the learning curve, I keep finding myself groping for a manual control for switching to next or previous track rather than having to use the touch screen, especially when I'm biking. There is one user programmable button which can be set to next track but the player would benefit with a couple more manual buttons for better tactile control. It is availabe at jetmall.net for $189 and well worth it, imho.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeToWork View Post
I've had the D2 for a couple of weeks and am really happy with it, although there is a certain learning curve involved in using a touchscreen mp3 player after owning various other players.
This is how I felt with the i6. Must've taken me a week to learn how to navigate (and I would ALWAYS hit record by mistake.) . However, I guess because of my experience with that device, the D2 is rather intuitive. I didn't even bother with the manual the first day I got it. I've since read through it a bit.

Creative MuVo TX FM | MPIO One | Sansa Clip | iAudio 6 | Cowon D2 (2) | S9 | J3

Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
Banned

I've had my eye on this for a while, and I really want it.

Few questions..

-Will I need to sync it with some software? Or can I drag and drop like the iAudio?

-I understand that the player has 2gb memory, and extra memory can be added through SD cards. Can someone recommend me one (1-2gb is enough)? [Nevermind, the jetmall.net page says I can get an SD card]

-When will the 4gb version be released?

-Does it come with any cases? I'm afraid that it'll break if I drop it ;\ [I should do some more research..Leather case 46 dollars...but is it worth it?]

-Is it heavy?

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:22 AM

Cowon = iAudio, so no software needed, pure drag'n'drop.

Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend are good SD cards. Look for the "Made in Japan" label (if available).

Old 02-01-2007, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W33NIe View Post
I've had my eye on this for a while, and I really want it.

Few questions..

-Will I need to sync it with some software? Or can I drag and drop like the iAudio?

-I understand that the player has 2gb memory, and extra memory can be added through SD cards. Can someone recommend me one (1-2gb is enough)? [Nevermind, the jetmall.net page says I can get an SD card]

-When will the 4gb version be released?

-Does it come with any cases? I'm afraid that it'll break if I drop it ;\ [I should do some more research..Leather case 46 dollars...but is it worth it?]

-Is it heavy?

Thanks in advance.
Cowon said the 4gb D2 will be avaliable in the US this month..(Feb.)

Old 02-01-2007, 07:11 PM

it's heavy-ish for such a small player, but by no means is it heavy.

it doesn't come with a case, but it does have a cover on the screen.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned

Thanks guys...I'll have to grow some balls by April to ask my parents one for my birth day

Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowon#1 View Post
Cowon said the 4gb D2 will be avaliable in the US this month..(Feb.)

This is probably true since the 4 GB non DMB is being sold in the retail online and offline stores, here in Seoul already for about 259,000 Won or about $285.40 USD. The pricing for the 8 GB D2 non DMB for 309,000 Won or about $341 USD. The pricing is suggested retail price by Cowon. Here's the Cowon link for pricing. Sorry, I'm still learning basic Korean so I can't interpret the page.

http://board.cowon.com/zeroboard/zbo...u=C&category=1

http://www.speedtest.net/result/165095786.png

Old 02-02-2007, 06:23 AM

8GB D2? Did I miss something? ... Great news!

Old 02-02-2007, 10:12 AM

What is DMB?

Old 02-02-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
What is DMB?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...a_Broadcasting

Only available in Korea and Europe.