android
Old 09-12-2012, 03:07 PM

Default Canadian In need of Help!

Greetings, people of anythingbutipod.
I'm looking for help deciding on a low cost, good quality earphone. I've read many reviews, and it seems everytime I make a decision to purchase something, I cant seem to find a retailer here in Toronto, Canada (was looking at Nuforce 600)

I'm hoping there are people here who'd be able to help me out.

I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. Ideally I'd like it to be under $60... even if there is some good quality stuff under $50 that would be even better . I'm on a tight budget, and these iphone earbuds just aren't cutting it.

I'm up in Toronto, Canada. I'm mostly going to be using these to listen to music while I jog and workout. I don't want anything that covers my ear, and prefer earbud. I dont care all too much if other people around me can hear my music, and I don't care too much if they cancel outside ambient noise or not.

I'm going to only be hooking it up to my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S2 and on the rare occasion to my computer. I like my music to be loud and bassey. Distortion is a real turn off, so if I have to sacrifice some loudness for better sound quality at the higher volumes, then I don't mind. I listen to mostly electronics music like house, trance, drum and bass, dubstep. I also listen to a lot of hip-hop, rap. So good bass is pretty important to me.

With so many different brands, models, reviews it's impossible for someone like me, who doesn't know much about this stuff to make an educated decision. I hope somebody here can direct me to some low-cost good quality ear buds.

Last edited by mushlafa; 09-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you check the J&R website? They are in NYC but have cheap shipping to Canada.

Are you looking for in the ear earphones? J&R sells Meelectronics earphones and many other brands. For working out I suggest the Sennheiser PX100II headphone. It is open, but lightweight and very comfortable. J&R has it for $50.

http://www.jr.com/

Old 09-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I keep on noting Klipsch Image S4 phones, with nice open-box and like-new deals thru Amazon (U.S. $40-50).