android
Old 11-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Awww...isn't that cute

Doesn't seem to have a screen. Does it have a shuffle all mode?

The odd part is I've heard a couple of those novelty players I think have really good base sound quality. I one up picked for $8 that sounded really good to my ears. No hiss or background noises I could hear with my most sensitive IEMs. It didn't make any noises changing tracks or accessing the memory. It could drive my 64 ohm full size cans to ear splitting levels with very little distortion. Great sounding player, imo. Unfortunately it stopped working after about 20 uses and I couldn't revive it.

Let us know how you get on with this one. I'm guessing it should last forever. After all, how much more can you brick a brick?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 AM

That one looks exactly like the link I posted awhile ago eh! There is no shuffle to be found, what you see is what you get. Though I still kinda want one for the novelty, but I haven't got one so far because of no shuffle and no hold switch.

Supports up to an 8GB micro SDHC card I think
Which is more than enough for a device with no way to navigate large volumes of music easily.

Headphones:Philips SHS5200, Phillips SHQ1000/28, Sentry FatBoy HO865, Motorola S305 BT,

Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 AM

No shuffle that I can see. Than again, there's no manual so maybe it can be called up... Somehow.

It plays mp3 only, not wav. It has a red LED doing some indications.

The sound is fine, nothing broken about it. It does some hiss (with sensitive IEMs which I managed to slam in eventually) and the bass is a little imprecise but really nothing wrong with it. On some regular music I'm sure I couldn't tell any difference between it and C+.

And yeah it can go really loud.

Reposting image so it's not lost on the bottom of the last page

Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 PM

I was just on Sony's storefront site and noticed they don't even list mp3 players anymore. They list them on their main site, sony.com but not on their store site, which is store.sony.com. Oh, and you they only list a few models. The better models have all but gone away. You can still buy them on amazon but is it worth it?

I really do not want my music integrated with my phone. My phone is still stupid. Sure is offers video and I can put music on it but it's primarily a phone. In fact, it's the same phone that Daniel Craig tossed on the car seat in the first James Bond movie he made. My friends tease me and tell me to get a smart phone but I say no. I'm basically untraceable with this phone. If I take a trip no one can find me. Did you notice how fast they found the Macafee guy when he was in South America hiding out? He sent a photo from his smartphone and it completely gave away his location. I don't need this headache. I'll keep my stupid phone and my mp3 player. I guess we're the last of the dinosaurs, eh?

Old 02-23-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmp3guy View Post
I'm basically untraceable with this phone. If I take a trip no one can find me. Did you notice how fast they found the Macafee guy when he was in South America hiding out? He sent a photo from his smartphone and it completely gave away his location. I don't need this headache.
Just what kind of nefarious dealings are you involved with?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:04 AM

Not involved with any nefarious. I just am a private citizen like everyone else and I do not appreciate the government spying on me. That's precisely why I have a second citizenship and I fly my own plane. No TSA and, when my family takes international flights we fly private and as soon as we get to our first country abroad we pull out our second passports which are untraceable. Yes, USA passports violate the U.S. Constitution for privacy. They have a chip in them and they track your every move.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Paranoid much?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:24 AM
Administrator

You may want to rethink the whole dumb phones can't be tracked idea. A cell phone is a radio. Radio transmissions are easily located. The network supplies the radio connection. It has to know the location of the phone to do that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking
Quote:
Operational purpose

In order to route calls to a phone, the cell towers listen for a signal sent from the phone and negotiate which tower is best able to communicate with the phone. As the phone changes location, the antenna towers monitor the signal, and the phone is roamed to an adjacent tower as appropriate.

By comparing the relative signal strength from multiple antenna towers, a general location of a phone can be roughly determined. Other means make use of the antenna pattern, which supports angular determination and phase discrimination.

Newer phones may also allow the tracking of the phone even when turned on and not active in a telephone call. This results from the roaming procedures that perform hand-over of the phone from one base station to another.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 AM

Bruce, it's not about paranoia. It's about watching the rights that my forefathers fought and died for slowly disappearing and people like you not giving a damn. That's why Monsanto has managed to get the blessing of the past three presidents and they don't have the foggiest idea that Monsanto originally started out as a chemical company and manufactured Agent Orange. Now their poisoning you and I with genetically engineered vegetables and fruit. Not me but I'm sure they're poisoning you and you're probably chatting with me right now eating gmo popcorn or having a bowl of cereal with gmo corn syrup in the ingredients label you never bothered to read. No, I'm not paranoid. What I want is a great country that I was promised and I'm going to fight so that my children will have the same. Ron Paul is the only politician that publicly voiced his opposition to TSA. Why is that? Ok, enough about me. Let's keep on subject thanks. My business is my own and I plan on keeping it that way.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Not involved with any nefarious. I just am a private citizen like everyone else and I do not appreciate the government spying on me. That's precisely why I have a second citizenship and I fly my own plane. No TSA and, when my family takes international flights we fly private and as soon as we get to our first country abroad we pull out our second passports which are untraceable. Yes, USA passports violate the U.S. Constitution for privacy. They have a chip in them and they track your every move.
So what do you do with your American passports to remain "untraceable"?

Old 02-24-2013, 04:11 AM
Administrator

Stay on subject? You want to declare your business your own, then discuss it on a internet forum? What part of the purpose of a forum is it you're having a problem understanding? This is a place where what comes up can discussed by any member with posting privileges. Once you introduce a subject it's reasonable for other members to express their opinions. If you don't want something discussed, don't bring it into the conversation.

You're the one that started the whole "I can't be tracked" stuff. Now you seem to want to start a political debate to top that. I have no problems with any of that. It's quite a bit off the topic for this thread but threads wander all over the place around here anyway. If the discussion wanders too far afield I'll just move the off topic and give it another place where it can be continued.

You trying to limit the scope of the discussion once you opened it is what strikes me as peculiar. I'd think a strong proponent of the US Constitution would be eager for others to exercise their freedom of speech.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

watchdrama8jm.gif

Old 02-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Not involved with any nefarious. I just am a private citizen like everyone else and I do not appreciate the government spying on me. That's precisely why I have a second citizenship and I fly my own plane. No TSA and, when my family takes international flights we fly private and as soon as we get to our first country abroad we pull out our second passports which are untraceable.
You have your own plane (large enough for international flights) and you're concerned with not being "traceable"?

Old 02-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapeworm View Post
You have your own plane (large enough for international flights) and you're concerned with not being "traceable"?
Funny no replies. Fear of being traced or called out on BS.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachop94 View Post
Funny no replies. Fear of being traced or called out on BS.
I'm sure the NSA can find him whenever they want....lol

Old 02-24-2013, 03:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmm, this thread has deteriorated in a direction I'd never have anticipated. How,...sTrangE!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Hmmm, this thread has deteriorated in a direction I'd never have anticipated. How,...sTrangE!!!
(short rant) That's what happens when the cloaked in the Constitution (don't even know what's in there)wing-nuts start injecting their FauxNews political rhetoric where it truly has NO PLACE. Mp3 players are not disappearing people with common sense are.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
(short rant) That's what happens when the cloaked in the Constitution (don't even know what's in there)wing-nuts start injecting their FauxNews political rhetoric where it truly has NO PLACE. Mp3 players are not disappearing people with common sense are.
Agreed 100%.

Old 02-24-2013, 06:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I agree as well,...