android
Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 AM

Default PMP player with remote control?

Hello all, long time lurker but first time poster.

I'm looking for a PMP that has, or can have, a wireless remote control.

Now, before anyone pops up and asks "Why?", I'll describe the application. I will be conducting dance classes, so I want to be able to start and stop music, skip tracks, FF & REW, while standing in the middle of the floor and not have to be continually dashing back and forth to the player sitting at the head of the room.

Flac support is also a requirement. I archive my CDs onto my network storage in flac format and frankly I don't want to arse about re-converting a bunch of stuff to make up for the deficiencies in a player.

The only solution I can think of off the top of my head is an ipoo, suitable jailbroken to be able to support flac player and non-use of itunes, but again that's a lot of arseing about to try to bend a product to my requirements that it doesn't really suit.

Another possible solution would be to use a laptop with a remote control but that's also one more thing to cart around, and I'd rather replace a $100 PMP when it inevitably gets dropped than a $500 laptop.

Hence: a PMP with remote control that supports flac. Any such beastie out there?

FWIW I currently run a stable of Clip+ and Clip Zips. Lovely little devices but can't help me this time.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM

Ipod using either Airplay or Bluetooth - the player is the remote.

Otherwise, nothing out there that I can think of.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You could use any player with Bluetooth, then have the receiver patched into your audio system. Then instead of having a separate remote, you are controlling the music from the player itself.

The are even some less expensive players with Bluetooth such as the Creative Zen Style M300 for $50.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Style...s=creative+mp3

Last edited by JK98; 04-22-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:12 AM

Any player with Bluetooth would work, yes, but you'd be better off with the latest implementation of BT to work well and reliably.

I have this Teac sound dock connected to my TV; it also plays mp3 files via usb stick and has a full remote control (although infrared; not sure how much distance you'd get, but mine works from 15 feet away) - this is probably cheaper than buying a player plus airplay/bluetooth speakers.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/teac-s...e-Audio_review

I paid 60 for mine - never used the iPod dock or the DAB or FM radio, just the USB and AUX for my TV.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:49 AM

FWIW, this is what I came up with. I bought a cheap pocket-sized Android phone (on clearance as a customer return), onto which I'll stick Poweramp or something similar. Then I'll get a bluetooth receiver such as the Logitech wireless adapter to plug in to my existing speakers, and that should do the trick.