android
Old 09-04-2012, 03:35 PM

Default Idle poweroff on pause doesn't work Clip+

I'm using 120414-449dff4M-sansaclipplus (FS#9305, FS#11052, FS#11304, FS#12075, Meier v4, channel swap, keymap) - dfkt on my clip+. The player shuts off if the music is stopped, but not paused. The feature used to work perfectly, but I think it changed when I put the sleep timer on by default.

my fixed.cfg has the following lines included:

idle poweroff: 1
sleeptimer duration: 90
sleeptimer on startup: on
keypress restarts sleeptimer: on

any fixes or similar results?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korn_thoughtless6 View Post
I'm using 120414-449dff4M-sansaclipplus (FS#9305, FS#11052, FS#11304, FS#12075, Meier v4, channel swap, keymap) - dfkt on my clip+. The player shuts off if the music is stopped, but not paused. The feature used to work perfectly, but I think it changed when I put the sleep timer on by default.

my fixed.cfg has the following lines included:

idle poweroff: 1
sleeptimer duration: 90
sleeptimer on startup: on
keypress restarts sleeptimer: on

any fixes or similar results?
I'm also seeing sporadic idle/sleep timeouts on my sansaclip+, v3.13 rockbox. Sometimes it works, sometimes it stays on until the battery is dead. I have similar config settings as you (I2, S30, sleep-on-startup).

change settings, then fresh reboot, then make sure music is not playing:
I10, S30 on for over 40 mins
I1, SOFF powered down
I1, S5 powered down
I5, S30 on for over 7 mins
I6, S30 on for over 12 mins
I2, S30 powered down

So, yes, it's unreliable at best. Any other thoughts? I have the source code and am building the firmware, so if there's any hints, I can try'm.

--edfardos

Old 02-10-2014, 05:02 PM

It only idle-off's if it's paused and no sleep timer was set. This deviates from the spec in the manual. The following two line substitutions fix the problem. Compiled and tested with v3.13 tree on my sansa clip. Before this patch, the idle timeout would never happen if music was PAUSEd *and* a sleeptimer was active. Now it'll idle timeout correctly if audio is stopped *or* paused, regardless of the sleeptimer setting.

./firmware/powermgmt.c

Code:
//edfardos         (audio_stat == (AUDIO_STATUS_PLAY | AUDIO_STATUS_PAUSE) &&
//edfardos          !sleeptimer_active))) {
         audio_stat == (AUDIO_STATUS_PLAY | AUDIO_STATUS_PAUSE)
         )) {

--edfardos

Last edited by edfardos; 02-10-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:48 PM
Administrator

This isn't the place to post this to get this fixed. Creating a post on the Rockbox forums referring to here probably won't get anything done. The Rockbox developers don't work from here.

You'll want to do this using the current source then create a bug report. That way someone with commit powers can examine your patch and check to see if it should be included in the source.

Old 02-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Likewise, posting on the rockbox forum wont help korn_thoughtless6 (the original post).

I also suggested the patch in the rockbox general forum per your suggestion.

best,
-edfardos

Old 02-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Administrator

I'm not seeing where you're getting that I'm suggesting posting on the Rockbox forum to deal with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
This isn't the place to post this to get this fixed. Creating a post on the Rockbox forums referring to here probably won't get anything done. The Rockbox developers don't work from here.

You'll want to do this using the current source then create a bug report. That way someone with commit powers can examine your patch and check to see if it should be included in the source.
Posting in forums will just get what you've done ignored.

The bug tracker is available on the left side of the pages on the Rockbox site. It's labelled Flyspray. Creating a bug report there is how you would get your patch looked at.

Also posting a patch in a thread this old assumes both that the OP is both still interested and has the ability to compile Rockbox. If nether of those are true posting your patch here won't hurt anything but it may not help the OP in the way you prefer. Doing what's needed to see if the bug can be fixed by having it dealt with in the source would help anyone that needs to deal with this in the future.