android
Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 AM

Exclamation Phillips SA06030???

Hey everyone! Have any of you guys seen or heard about this player This is the first time I've seen it. It looks interesting...

http://www.philips.co.uk/c/mp3-and-m...0308sa_02/prd/
Clip Zip [4gb+32gb], iriver B100 [4gb+32gb], Cilp+[8gb+8gb], iriver SPINN [4gb], Phillips GoGear SA6000 [8gb], Creative Zen [2gb+4gb], Sansa C200[2gb+2gb], ilo Player [1gb+2gb], mobiblu DAH 220 Cassette MP3 player, Rio Diamond.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Philips has a habit of naming what's essentially the same player different model numbers. I didn't research it extensively but at a glance that appears to be the current GoGear Muse or it's first cousin.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Pass!!! I had one, it sux.

Old 03-08-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Pass!!! I had one, it sux.
+1 don't think I'd need to own one to know dat

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 PM

I have a Phillips player and it's not so bad. SQ was okay, didn't care for the UI, but I got over that. So you guys think that this one is a dud?
Clip Zip [4gb+32gb], iriver B100 [4gb+32gb], Cilp+[8gb+8gb], iriver SPINN [4gb], Phillips GoGear SA6000 [8gb], Creative Zen [2gb+4gb], Sansa C200[2gb+2gb], ilo Player [1gb+2gb], mobiblu DAH 220 Cassette MP3 player, Rio Diamond.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Their tocucscreen models suck. And yes, the sq the produce is great. I had a smaller, tactile, model as well - I made the mistake of believing the sellers info and thinking it had a micro sd card slot,...it didn't. The sq was excellent, but back it went.

This one, the build quality was "meh", the screen was wonky, it didn't keep settings, it rebooted a few times while testing it out,... A total ***FAIL*** IMO.

Old 03-09-2012, 07:55 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
Their tocucscreen models suck. And yes, the sq the produce is great. I had a smaller, tactile, model as well - I made the mistake of believing the sellers info and thinking it had a micro sd card slot,...it didn't. The sq was excellent, but back it went.

This one, the build quality was "meh", the screen was wonky, it didn't keep settings, it rebooted a few times while testing it out,... A total ***FAIL*** IMO.

Have you used the Connect? It's not so bad. The design is't the best, but as far as UI and screen quality it holds it's own. And there is always room for change. Who knows, this player could be the start of some really good players. Or they could be crap! HA

Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Philips seems to always be behind the curve when it comes to media players, so it's not worth it to me. I'd luv to get a 32gb small form factor player from them, but the person I sent a request never even bothered to respond - so f**k it.