android
Old 08-28-2012, 10:47 AM

Default Walkman nwz e465 vs e475

I am debating on whether to get the nwz e465 or the e475. As far as I can see they both look pretty matched to me, but I have seen on a couple of sites that the e465 has fm radio recording, yet the official sony website does not list it as a feature. Does it really have radio recording?

Also does the e475 have any features that the e465 does not have besides the little games?

One more question: Are the ex083 headphones included with the player, good quality headphones?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyForst View Post
I am debating on whether to get the nwz e465 or the e475. As far as I can see they both look pretty matched to me, but I have seen on a couple of sites that the e465 has fm radio recording, yet the official sony website does not list it as a feature. Does it really have radio recording?

Also does the e475 have any features that the e465 does not have besides the little games?

One more question: Are the ex083 headphones included with the player, good quality headphones?
As far as I know, my player (an NWZ-E465) is not capable of recording from the FM radio on the player. I looked over the specifications for the NWZ-E475 and compared them to what I know about my player. In addition to the games that you mentioned, one feature that stood out were the clock functions (sleep timer and alarm).
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMP3PlayerFan View Post
As far as I know, my player (an NWZ-E465) is not capable of recording from the FM radio on the player. I looked over the specifications for the NWZ-E475 and compared them to what I know about my player. In addition to the games that you mentioned, one feature that stood out were the clock functions (sleep timer and alarm).
Do you know of any mp3 players in the walkman series that are capable of fm radio recording?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Walkman...9761%26ps%3D54

This the link where it listed radio recording.

Last edited by skip252; 08-28-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: posts merged, please edit consecutive posts instead of adding a new one

Old 08-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Merged your posts and fixed the link. I usually kill ebay links don't mind leaving that one. It's a prime example of who to stay away from if you're shopping. If they're willing to add features that don't exist is that who you want to buy from?

I'd go with the specs from the Sony store. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...specifications They don't list radio recording so I wouldn't expect it.

Think of it this way. Sony has been hyper zealous about copyright infringement in the past. They also have one of the largest music libraries around. Why would they let you record for free what they could sell you?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Merged your posts and fixed the link. I usually kill ebay links don't mind leaving that one. It's a prime example of who to stay away from if you're shopping. If they're willing to add features that don't exist is that who you want to buy from?

I'd go with the specs from the Sony store. http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...specifications They don't list radio recording so I wouldn't expect it.

Think of it this way. Sony has been hyper zealous about copyright infringement in the past. They also have one of the largest music libraries around. Why would they let you record for free what they could sell you?
Yeah I see what you mean. I wasn't actually going to buy from ebay but I did look at the specs and figured it did indeed have radio recording.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Personally if I were going to get another Sony I'd get the e465. Looking at the difference in features you seem to give up a lot of rated battery life for a player that's a bit slimmer and not much else. Apparently they made it slimmer by reducing the size of the battery.

I have the MDR ex082, I think that's the model number, that came with my NWZ S639. The ex083 appear to be a newer mode with the same specs. I'd rate them among the best included headphones I've ever had. Considering what's usually included with most DAPs that's not a high compliment.

I don't think of them as great headphones, but much better than what you usually get. If I were going to pay for a set I'd think somewhere around $20 would be a decent price. They sound pretty good when I use them, I just don't use them a lot. I don't use mine much because I don't like the unbalanced yoke and I can't wear them over my ears comfortably.

BTW, I've never found any evidence that Sony has ever made them for any purpose other than inclusion with their players. I've haven't found Sony selling for them sell them separately anywhere. That make me think that almost certainly the ones you see for sale other places are fakes.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Personally if I were going to get another Sony I'd get the e465. Looking at the difference in features you seem to give up a lot of rated battery life for a player that's a bit slimmer and not much else. Apparently they made it slimmer by reducing the size of the battery.

I have the MDR ex082, I think that's the model number, that came with my NWZ S639. The ex083 appear to be a newer mode with the same specs. I'd rate them among the best included headphones I've ever had. Considering what's usually included with most DAPs that's not a high compliment.

I don't think of them as great headphones, but much better than what you usually get. If I were going to pay for a set I'd think somewhere around $20 would be a decent price. They sound pretty good when I use them, I just don't use them a lot. I don't use mine much because I don't like the unbalanced yoke and I can't wear them over my ears comfortably.

BTW, I've never found any evidence that Sony has ever made them for any purpose other than inclusion with their players. I've haven't found Sony selling for them sell them separately anywhere. That make me think that almost certainly the ones you see for sale other places are fakes.
Yeah I think I am also going to get the e465 because it looks like the best reasonably priced mp3 out there right now that I have found. A huge upgrade from my e436f. Thanks for the reply and information.

Tags
e465, e475, fm radio, recording, sony e series