android
Old 09-22-2011, 02:35 PM

Default Freeze in Rockbox + Losing Detection on Computer

I am new here, so bear with me if the answer is obvious. Anyway, here are the symptoms of this e280:

-Seems to work fine in Sansa mode.
-In Rockbox mode, any attempt at accessing/playing files with freeze the player.
-When connected to my computer the e280 will become undetected after a few minutes.
-Since the player becomes undetected, Chkdsk barely starts and never finishes.
-User might have had the player in mtp mode instead of msc for a short period (if this matters).
-I tried copying all the existing files (in msc mode) with Windows Explorer and a couple other copy tools. I was only able to copy over a fraction of what should be on the player.

So my questions are:

1. Is this a hardware issue, corrupt file(s) issue, or something else?
2. What should be my next step to fix this player?
3. Are there any tools to recover all the other user files that were placed on the e280 after installing Rockbox?

Any help and/or links to any possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 PM

We share the same problem.:-(

Old 08-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Administrator

I've noticed there's someone on the Rockbox forums that's multiposting this same issue without providing any additional info the same way you did here. Their username appears to be a variation of yours. Is that you?

This post wasn't answered before now because it lacked essential information. There's not even which type, v1 or v2, has the problem. Bumping it open without adding any more info doesn't make it more likely to get help now.

Posts that request help by following the guidelines in my sig on how to ask questions the smart way are much more likely to find useful answers. Not having to play Twenty Questions with someone allows someone that might be able to help to cut to the chase instead of using up their time trying to extract info you could have provided from the start.

You would do better creating create a new thread with a descriptive title once I you are ready to list what model you have, the build used, what conditions you notice causes the problem, what troubleshooting steps you've tried, etc. That way anyone trying to help will have a better chance of providing assistance.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Default Oops, yea I'm the culprit

Sorry. It's an e280 v1 a 32g sd card. I didn't come out and ask directly b/c I was going through other posts to see if I could find the answer. I can't access, delete,add, format. I have a dead product now. If I boot in the sansa mode it recognizes the drive but doesn't let me access.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Administrator

I'm closing this thread as this is being addressed in the Rockbox forums. I see that people who know much more than me are helping you there. No need for multiple sets of directions that might cause confusion. Best of luck in recovering your player.

Thread closed.

Last edited by skip252; 08-23-2012 at 01:12 PM.

Closed Thread