android
Old 08-09-2012, 12:13 AM

Default Creative Zen Vision M 60gb glitch.

My Creative Zen Vision M works fine and dandy, but as soon as i stick my headphones in there, it starts flipping out.
Without any push of any button from me, it quickly changes to fm radio, saying 'scan up'.
When I finally get it back to now playing, it starts speeding through the song, despite me not pressing any buttons.
It continues to do so, and skips through every song.
I can't get 20 seconds into a song without it speeding through it, and continues to do so through the next song, and the next.
I can take the headphones out, and it works perfectly fine (even though I can't hear anything, as there are no headphones in)
Sometimes, as soon as I plug them in the player immediately shuts off.
I have tried everything; resetting the player, updating the firmware.
It doesn't even allow me to listen to one song. And it's not just the brand of headphones i have because i tried other brands and they did the same thing.
Please Help!!!!!! (thank you!)

Last edited by ledzep; 08-09-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM

Lookout, as there is a 4 contact jack used on this device, mainly for it has also video out and audio stereo on it as connections. While u use only audio 3 normal jack, u put into shortcircuit the video feature, and that's why the alien behavior of the unit.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:50 AM

Looking at the booklet, it turns out that the player is apparently compatible with Creative's remote which would connect to the second TRRS ring. Since all the trouble is in the realm of playback control, I imagine it's something wrong with the headphone's plug.

EDIT: Heh, just noticed the OP date. Hope it all turned out well.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:18 PM

Hey Ledzep - did you ever resolve this problem?

I have an identical issue but also getting degraded audio ("underwater sounding") through headphones. I have cleaned up the disc and updated firmware but no improvement.

Everything is pointing to faulty headphone jack but I'd appreciate comments from anyone else.

Thanks!

Old 01-20-2013, 04:56 PM

You've probably already done this, but how does it sound with different headphones? Or through the A/V plug on the dongle?

If it is an issue with the main audio jack, I found a link a couple of months ago to someone who was doing in-depth repairs of ZVM's but I haven't bothered to contact them and see if they were still at it.

http://firehouse7777.weebly.com/crea...-vision-m.html
Nokia Lumia 822 16GB+64GB

Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM

Thanks, I plugged the AV socket in to my TV and all is fine there but different headphones still cause the problem so am now convinced it's the main headphone jack.

Will get the baby open tonight and have a fiddle - if I can't sort myself will be going in search of a replacement jack.

Tags
creative zen, creative zen vision m