android
Old 11-04-2014, 02:08 AM

Unhappy Bricked R1 after update...no connection to PC!!!!

Hello! I try to explain my problem, sorry for my english.

My R1 was bricked, so I made everything like it was written in tutorial of lebellium. It worked very well and I was very glad about it. I made the update to modded firmware 4.0, but I forgot to put the DRK folder to the R1.

The problem occured when I transfered some music files and the DB refreshed. I couldnt connect the R1 to PC anymore. R1 was not appearing/ was unvisble. It was the same problem like before. I tried everything and on different computers, but still I canīt connect it to PC.

1) If I try to connect in Safe Mode, three PCs dont see the R1 and nothing appears in "My Computer". Another two PCs report about an "Unknown device". There are no drivers, so it cant be installed

2) If I try to unbrick it like the first time, before modding, nothing happens at all. I connect R1 to PC and make all steps like in tutorial (Hold power button and press once reset), the screen remains off like it should be for recovery, but the R1 stays this way the whole time. Nothing changes, no connection sound to PC, it remains off the whole time.

Please, help me!!! I really donīt know what to do.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Samsung Moderator

That's strange. Are you sure the connector on the USB cable and on the device itself is not damaged? No broken pin?

Old 11-05-2014, 12:28 AM

It doesnīt look damaged, I tried it on different PCs and with additional cable. It was everytime charging the battery. But the device itself is not recognized by PC. Strange is also that the recovery mode continues for such a long time. Maybe it doesnt work, too. If I remove it from the PC after recovery, so it goes on again, but no other changes. As if nothing happened. I dont know when the recovery finishes or if it started at all. I just wait for hours. But there is no life sign from R1 after I push power and reset until I separated it from the PC

Old 11-07-2014, 09:43 AM
Samsung Moderator

When you try to unbrick it with the Recovery tool, what are the messages shown in the logs box?

Old 11-08-2014, 12:36 PM

I can install all drivers without a problem, I can run the program vc_s1_redist_x86 without problem, too. But thatīs all. When I come to step 3, so itīs over there. The recovery mode starts or doesnīt start, I donīt know. Looks like it starts, but it happens nothing and no sound. No driver is found. No logs nothing, no other announcements. If I start R1UpdateTool. exe, so there comes an error notice that there is no AtkHostApi.dll on the pc. Thatīs all. I really dont know what else to do. Maybe you can give me some aditional drivers? Because when I put the r1 to another pc, it says "unknown device". The drivers from the recovery tool dont recognize the device. It stays the whole time "unknown device"

Old 11-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Samsung Moderator

When you go to your R1UpdateTool_V1.01 folder, you should see the AtkHostApi.dll file next to the "config", "image", "windriver" folders, as well as next to the "R1UpdateTool.exe" and "vc_s1_redist_x86.exe" files.
If you don't see this file, I suggest you to download the recovery tool zip archive again.