android
Old 08-01-2012, 03:15 PM

Default Sennheiser ie8 upgrade cable

Hello, advise how and where to buy the cable to have my headphones was more bass? + see photos and tell me fake headphones?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You are probably going to have a bit of trouble trying to get the information you're looking for on this web site. Most of us are just going to tell you that it is impossible for changing the cable to make a difference in sound, at least with good IEMs like the Sennheisers you have.

Old 08-03-2012, 03:48 AM

I do not understand what you're talking, I asked which cable to buy a headphone jack to get more bass? and see photos of my originalnoye headphones or a fake?

Old 08-03-2012, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvud View Post
I do not understand what you're talking, I asked which cable to buy a headphone jack to get more bass?
Does upgrading cable improve the sound quality? How does one test this theory? http://www.nousaine.com/pdfs/Wired%20Wisdom.pdf. Why not, instead of upgrading the cable, use signal processing?

Old 08-03-2012, 04:38 AM

whiplash elite sennheiser ie8 replacement Crap at $250.00 will cure those that have already drank the Kool-Aid In all honesty the word "elite" should be replaced by "bull shit" ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-03-2012, 08:22 AM

Based on the quick look that I gave your photos, I would say that these seem like the genuine article. I am not 100% sure of this, naturally, but they do look just like my IE8.

If you want more bass from your IE8, you can do one or all of the following:
1. Turn the bass knob to a higher value (which I see that you've already done)
2. Make sure that the silicone or foam tips that you use isolate properly. Less isolation = less bass. Perhaps you need to switch to a larger tip or maybe invest in some Comply foam.
3. Use a source that has a good EQ and give your IEMs a bass boost there, but please remember that EQ is best when applied subtly and it is also far better practice to bring down other frequencies instead of boosting just the bass. Too much of a boost could create clipping and other forms of distortion.

If none of the following methods give you satisfying bass, you should probably switch to a different IEM! Changing the cable will not affect the sound in any way, unless the cable you buy happens to be damaged, in which case it will certainly affect the sound as there won't be any