android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 02-23-2013, 09:44 AM

Default Suggestion in noise cancelling or good Ear phones

Hi all ,

Hope all are fine, i think there are lot of thread here about suggesting the GOOD SOUND QUALITY ear phone , but most of them have started thread for ear - in phones , but i want normal ear phones so please pardon me for this new thread . Hope all will help me in suggesting a best cheap ear phones(not ear- in phones) for 20 $ - 25 $ .

Actually i am not rich enough to buy more than 25 $ . I actually love to buy a Good quality noise cancelling Head phones for 20 $ - 25 $ if available . I heard JVC ,koss , panasonic , sony is now trying to sell good quality Head phones for cheap price , correct me if i am wrong . If there is no way i can buy a Good quality noise cancelling Head phones for 20 $ - 25 $ , then please please suggest me a GOOD SOUND QUALITY EAR PHONES (not ear -in phones ) with Good bass , Good mid , good treble .

Before one year , I got one ear phones along with Samsung yp p2(like i pod ) , it was really awesome with good sound quality , it was really better than ipod ear phones , i must admit it . My Nephew has pulled the wire near ear phones and that wire came out But i tried to buy the same ear phones in my place but i did't get it , also i tried browsing in net but i could not get it
so please do the need full help to get good quality ear phones .

I have found some ear phones in indian online shopping , please find below and tell me if is good or not
http://www.flipkart.com/sennheiser-m...headphone_7_nr

Sennheiser MX 270 Headphone (Black)

I actually live in India and so lot of product will not me available in India , please suggest me some good online shopping so that i can the one which you all going to suggest and so that they can ship to india . Thanks in advance

Last edited by coolforyou; 02-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Sennheiser MX270 seems to currently be Sennheiser's cheapest traditional earbuds. I have the MX580 and like it very much. I haven't heard the MX270. If you don't want to splurge for the MX580, you might want to consider the Sony MDR-E828. It has plenty of bass, and imo sounds quite decent at lower volumes, however at higher volumes I can hear a slight bit of distortion when using it. At under $10 though, one can't expect everything. Imo the MDR-E828 probably has the most bass in a traditional earbud under $10. If you can't get the E828, I have a feeling the E818 probably sounds similar(I haven't heard it yet though).

Another cheap option is the JVC HA-S160 headphone. it has excellent sound quality and a decent amount of bass. It is closed, so it does isolate quite a bit. It is quite compact, and my favorite headphone under $20. In the US it is around $12. I don't know about pricing in India.

Last edited by JK98; 02-25-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
The Sennheiser MX270 seems to currently be Sennheiser's cheapest traditional earbuds. I have the MX580 and like it very much. I haven't heard the MX270. If you don't want to splurge for the MX580, you might want to consider the Sony MDR-E828. It has plenty of bass, and imo sounds quite decent at lower volumes, however at higher volumes I can hear a slight bit of distortion when using it. At under $10 though, one can't expect everything. Imo the MDR-E828 probably has the most bass in a traditional earbud under $10. If you can't get the E828, I have a feeling the E818 probably sounds similar(I haven't heard it yet though).

Another cheap option is the JVC HA-S160 headphone. it has excellent sound quality and a decent amount of bass. It is closed, so it does isolate quite a bit. It is quite compact, and my favorite headphone under $20. In the US it is around $12. I don't know about pricing in India.
Thanks a lot for your wonderful kind reply JK98 ,

I can spend 20 $ but not more than that , so 20 $ earbuds will be enough for me , not less than that . So please suggest me around 20 $ @JK98 .

so omit sony MDR-E828 and MDR-E818 (if it does not have good bass , good treble and good mid ) . I got impressed by the way you liked Sennheiser MX580 , of course i can buy Sennheiser MX580 but the thing is , it is also a normal wired earbuds and the wires near earbuds wires will surely break in 6 -7(if it is roughly handled ) months right ? that is the only fear i have to invest around 2,120 rs (46 $ ) for single earbuds .

Actually , I was much impressed with samsung Yp2 mp3 player headsets
( Samsung EP-370 Stereo Earphones - this head set is only 8.99 $ or 12 $ but available only in rich countries like U.S , U.K ,singapore ext (http://www.accessoryseek.com/samsung...ged_p3175.html) ) , so if i buy samsung head set through online then it will cost around 40$ with shipping charges .

so i am expecting the same quality not more than Samsung EP-370 Stereo Earphones or less than that .

JVC HA-S160 headphone - this model is not available in indian online shopping . so please suggest some good earbuds for 20 $

what about , Sony MDR-ED12LP Budstlye (blue) , sennheiser MX 375 and sennheiser MX470 ? what is the big difference between sennheiser MX 470 and MX 375 ? .. thanks in advance

Old 02-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Sony ED12LP sounds quite good, however I can't get it to stay in my ears, so it is worthless.

The Sennheiser MX470 is said to be decent, but not quite as good as the MX580. Is it that much cheaper than the MX580?

How long an earphone lasts depends on how careful you are with it. I have had some that lasted a few years.

The Sony MDR-E828 is good for a price under $10, however it is nowhere near the Sennheiser MX580 in sound quality. I don't know how it compares with the MX270.

Have you considered the Koss KSC75 headphone with earhooks? In the US it is under $20.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 AM

Thanks for the reply @JK98
Quote:
The Sennheiser MX470 is said to be decent, but not quite as good as the MX580. Is it that much cheaper than the MX580?
Sennheiser MX580 cost around 2120 rs in INDIA equal to 42 $ in U.S .

what about philips SHS 390 ?

Quote:
Have you considered the Koss KSC75 headphone with earhooks? In the US it is under $20.
Koss KSC75 is 1500 rs in INDIA equal to 25 $ in US. . ok any way if its is really good then sure i will buy it . will it give a good complete sound ? because since the ear phones comes out side , i guess other environment noise will be audible to our ears and will reduce the music sound inside right ? i don't know , correct me if i am wrong ...thanks in advance

Last edited by coolforyou; 02-27-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The KSC75 doesn't block noise. Neither does the MX580 or MX470 though.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:12 AM

Thanks a lot for your reply @JK98 ,

Quote:
The KSC75 doesn't block noise. Neither does the MX580 or MX470 though.
of course , KSC75 ,MX580 or MX470 will not block the noise , because it is not noise cancelling earbuds . I mean KSC75 is not like earbuds right ? its ear phones is quite big so that the volume of music may scatter right ? sorry for my english , i could not explain you what i feel , hope you will understand

ok bro , i am a actually Guitarist , i am planning to buy VOX amp , some time i use to practice at night , so better i am planning to buy HEAD PHONES ,so that i can connect head phones and i can practice and also i can use it for listing music right ? since quality ear buds is costly and some of the Good brands earbuds which are less than or equal to 20 $ is not available in india , so instead of EARBUDs s please suggest some HEAD PHONES

what about Sony MDR ZX100 ? because since sony is cheap and best i saw this on net , if is not good , please suggest me some GOOD HEAD PHONES which covers our ear , in any brand you feel the best for 20 - 25 $ .. Thanks in advance