android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Miscellaneous Tech > Anythingbutipad

Old 06-27-2012, 01:55 AM

Default ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity to retail for $499 in the US starting July 16

ASUS has finally announced the US pricing and availability for the Transformer Pad TF700, which goes by the name Infinity. When the device goes on sale in the US during the week of July 16, youíll be able to pick up the 32GB model for $499 or the 64GB model for $599. ASUS also plans to sell an optional dock accessory for an additional $149, but if you already own the TF201ís dock, thereís no need to waste your money; the Infinity is fully compatible with this older dock.

Specs-wise, the Transformer Pad Infinity features a 10-inch 1920 x 1200 IPS Gorilla Glass display serving up Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Itís got a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of DDR3 RAM, a 8MP rear-facing camera, and a 2MP front-facing camera. The Infinity is rated at 8.5 hours of battery life, but the dock will let you extend this by an additional five hours.

The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity looks like a pretty good tablet overall, but do you really want to plunk down the cash for an Android tablet/laptop combo when the Windows 8-equipped Surface tablets are just around the corner?

[Engadget]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

This ^ tablet with those specs should have 2GB of RAM, IMHO......considering the quad-core and the HD display.

As much as I am fond of Windows 7 on my desktop and laptop PC's, I am decidedly skeptical about Windows 8 and Windows on a tablet in general.

So at this point, if I was in the market for a tablet (and I'm not) I would choose an Android tablet over a Windows 8 tablet.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:53 AM

It is Android.

Asus is one of the few manufacturers outside of Apple who actually make tablets that are any good.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeven View Post
It is Android.
WG was responding to this, not saying the asus wasnt android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Devwi View Post

The ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity looks like a pretty good tablet overall, but do you really want to plunk down the cash for an Android tablet/laptop combo when the Windows 8-equipped Surface tablets are just around the corner?
and I dont understand the hype on the microsoft tablets. I havent seen anything that makes me think it will be revolutionary. Its just new. Were we all really sitting around saying "damn, I cant wait until MS releases a windows based tablet!" I wasnt. I am fully prepared to be proven wrong. Lets check back in 6 months and see if the Surface has done anything to disrupt the market.

as for the asus, I agree 2gb would have been good but this looks like another good tab from them.

Old 06-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Not sure why they don't release it with JellyBean as they clearly have had 4.1 in their labs longer than anyone else but Google. Any mention of NFC on this tablet?

Old 08-07-2012, 12:48 PM

Interested in getting my wife one of these. Anyone know what the difference is between the 700 add-on keyboard and the lesser expensive 201 add-on keyboard? I see conflicting information on the Walmart, Amazon, etc. reviews. Some say the real 700 keyboard is automatically recognized vs. having to manually "recognize" the 201 keyboard, others say there is no difference.

TIA.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM

What, no love for the ASUS TF700?