android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion > Compare MP3 Players

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2012, 04:07 PM

Help SanDisk (clips) vs Sony Walkman - or other? Help me decide please.

Help, I'm going a bit batty researching this stuff...I want to buy a player soon because I want to take it on a trip in a week. I could spend days reading about this sort of thing, and I just don't have the time. HELP!

I had a Cowon iAudio G3 that died recently. I'm really bummed, because that seemed like the perfect player for me.

Required characteristics:
good sound
drag-and-drop with windows explorer (no other software required)
good battery life
<$100

Micro USB would be nice because I already have wall chargers that would fit. My mini USB (that is the larger of the two right?) cable is only to the computer, which I won't have on the trip.

Storage is not a big issue. I think the G3 was only 2 GB, so I'll probably go with 4-8 and have plenty of space.

I'm not picky about playlists. I never used one on the G3.

I don't care much about the screen. I'm not going to use the player for video. I mainly use it when I work out or walk. The Clips (+/zip) are appealing but I'm annoyed at the 15 hour max battery life, when I used to get 3x that much out of an AA battery with my G3. Would it be a big deal? I don't know.

One of the Sony Walkmans might be a possibility, but I don't have the time to research the different models. Which would be the best fit here? And are there any other players you know of that would fit my requirements?

Thanks a bunch!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]