android
Old 03-17-2012, 09:22 PM

Default I Have A Zune That Will Not Turn On

I can not do anything with my Zune it wont turn on no matter what I have tried it wont work it is model 1395

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-17-2012, 09:30 PM

i have a zune that wil not turn on for anything i have tried everything and dont know where to take it to get fixed can someone help me please

Old 03-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Posts moved to the ZuneHD forum. Please don't open another old thread looking for help with this.

You haven't supplied much information. I would add all relevant information about what led up to this and what you have tried to fix it. Then be patient. Creating multiple post and not providing basic information about your troubleshooting efforts isn't the way to get anyone to help.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darc68 View Post
i have a zune that wil not turn on for anything i have tried everything and dont know where to take it to get fixed can someone help me please
It's a Zune HD, correct? If so, hold the power button for as long as it takes for the logo to show up. If it doesn't within about 30 seconds, give up on that method. Next, try holding the power button and the media button at the same time. Hold this until you see it boot up and follow the directions on the screen. If all of this does not work, hold all three buttons until you see the screen turn on, and once again, follow the instructions. If none of this works, call tech support.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:23 AM

If you can’t get it going and tech support is no help, RR (RapidRepair) fixes the zune in the US, but I don’t know what they charge.

Edit: BTW this should be your last resort after you try everything else first and if it's less than a year old it should be covered by warranty via ms tech support.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-20-2012, 08:35 AM

I recently had the same issue and thought it was dead. In a sense it was, I solved it by connecting to the PC and or charging on the wall. I can't exactly retrace how I it to work, but when I did I was happy.

I suspect you have the same issue and if I were to say, I would say you have a dead battery. Just recharge it.
With knowledge, comes great power.
With power, comes great responsibility.
With responsibility, comes great wisdom.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP62 View Post
I recently had the same issue and thought it was dead. In a sense it was, I solved it by connecting to the PC and or charging on the wall. I can't exactly retrace how I it to work, but when I did I was happy.

I suspect you have the same issue and if I were to say, I would say you have a dead battery. Just recharge it.

same here mine was a faulty wall to usb connector I just let it plugged into the pc overnight (as the pc charges slower) and the next day it was up and running fine.